Using facebook pages

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronGate

Reaction score
Anybody getting good results from their facebook page? What's working for you? Have you tried anything from this list?

thumbs_up.gif

More people come to my website from FB than from any other single source, but I suspect most of them are locals, who, as the article says, are coming due to interesting content rather than coming to book rooms.
I keep doing blog posts about local things to do, and our Civil War history, and I think it's all news to most of the locals! If nothing else, I'm educating the local population on some things they never knew before about their own town!

I just copied the coupon in the article to post a "$25 off" Weekend Getaway FB coupon. We'll see if I can find a taker!
It's interesting how they say to give a specific amount of cash off, rather than giving a percent off. The psychology of selling and buying, I guess.

I just copied the coupon in the article to post a "$25 off" Weekend Getaway FB coupon. We'll see if I can find a taker!
It's interesting how they say to give a specific amount of cash off, rather than giving a percent off. The psychology of selling and buying, I guess..
Arkansawyer said:
It's interesting how they say to give a specific amount of cash off, rather than giving a percent off. The psychology of selling and buying, I guess.
That is why I do $10 off, instead of 10%, 10 bucks sounds like more. :)

I give a 25% discount for a stay of 7 nights or more. It recently occurred to me that someone needing to stay 6 nights could save over $100 by booking 7 nights and leaving after 6. I wonder if anybody will ever figure that one out!

More people come to my website from FB than from any other single source, but I suspect most of them are locals, who, as the article says, are coming due to interesting content rather than coming to book rooms.
I keep doing blog posts about local things to do, and our Civil War history, and I think it's all news to most of the locals! If nothing else, I'm educating the local population on some things they never knew before about their own town!.
Arkansawyer said:
I keep doing blog posts about local things to do, and our Civil War history, and I think it's all news to most of the locals! If nothing else, I'm educating the local population on some things they never knew before about their own town!
I do the same Arkie. Major happenings in the area, my web hits are out the roof as locals look to see where & when. I also profile new businesses and events.

Back