Vacation Rental Websites: Comparison of Rate and Fees

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good list. I dropped VRBO (Homeaway) this year because it was so expensive, and I got tired of their system that kept me from communicating directly with guests. Dropped Air too, for the same reasons.
I'm still with Booking, but I don't like them and will probably drop them eventually. I can't stand having 3rd parties being so in control of what I do with MY business! They set the rules, and it's their way or the highway. I love the highway.

Good list. I dropped VRBO (Homeaway) this year because it was so expensive, and I got tired of their system that kept me from communicating directly with guests. Dropped Air too, for the same reasons.
I'm still with Booking, but I don't like them and will probably drop them eventually. I can't stand having 3rd parties being so in control of what I do with MY business! They set the rules, and it's their way or the highway. I love the highway..
Exactly, they are more trouble than they are worth in my mind I would never use any of them if I had as still in business. I would be keeping my money. No one I know locally uses them and they are plenty busy

I'm still with Booking, but I don't like them and will probably drop them eventually. I can't stand having 3rd parties being so in control of what I do with MY business! They set the rules, and it's their way or the highway. I love the highway..
Exactly, they are more trouble than they are worth in my mind I would never use any of them if I had as still in business. I would be keeping my money. No one I know locally uses them and they are plenty busy
TA called me to get me to sign on to their new system. They take a 10% commission and they do... NADA. At least the OTAs do SOMETHING for the money. I offered to post rates that were 10% higher. Somehow they didn't like that. But hey, there is no parity contract.

TA called me to get me to sign on to their new system. They take a 10% commission and they do... NADA. At least the OTAs do SOMETHING for the money. I offered to post rates that were 10% higher. Somehow they didn't like that. But hey, there is no parity contract.
Generic said:
Ding Ding Ding. You've got it figured out! Then you point it out to every guest who booked you through an OTA as an example of how they'll get the best deal booking direct.

I gotta ask! So what IS working. We have been so close to getting involved with them that I would love to hear what is working. Other than TA we continue to refrain from passing our hard earned cash onto these rotten (added for dramatic effect) scoundrels.

Back