Vacation time

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Starting a few days early due to hubs being still under the weather after 2 weeks, but we're officially on vacation for the next 5 weeks. Can you hear that sigh of relief? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
teeth_smile.gif

Enjoy! Can you hear the sigh of jealousy? DH does not travel well. We went on a mini-vacation today - all the way to Clarksburg to Target and then to Ryan's. We used our gift cards. Getting him that far and back wore me out.

It took me 4 weeks to finally get over my cold and sinus infection. I take my last antibiotic today!!!! Hurray. I hope it is the last for a while
Took DH 2 weeks to get over his cold. This thing really hangs on!!!

It took me 4 weeks to finally get over my cold and sinus infection. I take my last antibiotic today!!!! Hurray. I hope it is the last for a while
Took DH 2 weeks to get over his cold. This thing really hangs on!!!.
He's had to cancel 2 dentist appts because of this. I cancelled one of mine because I figured I'd have it by then so I gave them some advance notice! I have been lucky so far. Maybe that hound of a cold I had in the Spring set me up to fight this one off. THAT one lasted a good 4 weeks.
He's still sounding like death warmed over but it doesn't stop him from doing stuff.

Are you going away?.
Not now. We use this time for 'repairs'. (On us and the inn!) The carpet is going in next week and I'm starting on the small stuff today...tons of laundry, painting the frames of the bathroom mirrors (which get so worn out from cleaning), cleaning the locks on the doors (someone stuck duct tape on them and it's been driving me nuts, but no time to use solvents with guests in the house), stuff like that for now. Painting trim, etc next week.

My "mini" vacation is a spontaneous thing. my friend wanted to go to Alabama to visit her aunt. she just lost her mother and the aunt invited her to come down for a visit. so she asked me to come along. i have a life long friend in AL that i thought i'd visit too. my DH is minding the fort and let me go. yay! we are driving down to FL for new years and heading back home on friday. I can't believe i'm really doing this. i have never taken a 'road trip' with a friend before and i'm loving it. no schedules, no family, nothing. I didn't realize how much i've needed this break until i got here! sometimes we just push on and on and don't even know when to stop. i think i might have been to that point. With the B&B, work (full time), taking classes, volunteering at church, and family I just kept doing. Its so important to stop and step back once in a while.
I hope all of you get a chance to take a break and relax soon. God Bless you all. Happy New Year!

Bree - take time to relax too, your spirng & summer guests will appear in no time. Rest now! Oh, BTW regarding the duct tape on the door knobs... or anything sticky - I found 'Goo Be Gone' to be very useful. It is quick, no nasty smells and cleans up easliy afterwords.

Bree - take time to relax too, your spirng & summer guests will appear in no time. Rest now! Oh, BTW regarding the duct tape on the door knobs... or anything sticky - I found 'Goo Be Gone' to be very useful. It is quick, no nasty smells and cleans up easliy afterwords..
Copperhead said:
Bree - take time to relax too, your spirng & summer guests will appear in no time. Rest now! Oh, BTW regarding the duct tape on the door knobs... or anything sticky - I found 'Goo Be Gone' to be very useful. It is quick, no nasty smells and cleans up easliy afterwords.
Thanks for the tip, I think I have that somewhere. Or, I might just try olive oil at this point.
Yes, we're taking day trips. I've yet to see Bar Harbor, so that's on the list. Maybe some other places along the way.

Bree - take time to relax too, your spirng & summer guests will appear in no time. Rest now! Oh, BTW regarding the duct tape on the door knobs... or anything sticky - I found 'Goo Be Gone' to be very useful. It is quick, no nasty smells and cleans up easliy afterwords..
Copperhead said:
Thanks for the tip, I think I have that somewhere. Or, I might just try olive oil at this point.
Yes, we're taking day trips. I've yet to see Bar Harbor, so that's on the list. Maybe some other places along the way.
Bree said:
Copperhead said:
Can you visit in a way to write off the expense for the business? Of course taking your camera along for the blog and website and newsletter.

Copperhead said:
I haven't been to Bar Harbor in years but loved it when I was there. I doubt however there will be much activity there this time of year. I suspect most places are closed for the winter.

Copperhead said:
I haven't been to Bar Harbor in years but loved it when I was there. I doubt however there will be much activity there this time of year. I suspect most places are closed for the winter.
Best time to go...it's quiet! I rarely go anywhere when it's 'in season'! I think there's enough open that we can get a meal anyway. If not, we'll hit Belfast on the way back.

Copperhead said:
Bree said:
Copperhead said:
Can you visit in a way to write off the expense for the business? Of course taking your camera along for the blog and website and newsletter.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
Copperhead said:
We can always write off the gas and meals, we wont be staying over. And, yes, camera for pix for the blog! And I can add to my list of 'things to do on Route 1'.
And, if anyone lurking on here is located along the way, let me know, I'd love to stop in and say hi!

Take some time to just chill & do nothing.
Remember the Summer when you were going like gangbusters with no cleaning help!

Remember the Summer when you were going like gangbusters with no cleaning help!.
Samster said:
Remember the Summer when you were going like gangbusters with no cleaning help!
I have a very selective memory...I KNOW those things happened, I just don't remember them...like childbirth...there are the kids to prove it, but I don't recall the pain, the discomfort, any of it.

Back