Vacation!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This time of year. your conference is probably going to be the only people there. I think it just means..no jeans! Didn't someone here go last year? Maybe they can tell you what to wear. I certainly wouldn't be doing anything fancy if I was going. Why don't you just eat in the pub?

Shall I make a reservation for 12 then? Although there is no commit yet, I also invited Jay..
Are we talking about dining at one of the two pubs in the hotel? It can't be the restaurant as they require a jacket and tie so that would count us out. Why don't we meet somewhere? I have not even had time to tell Chris about this since I'm at work and he's out on a wine tour. We're talking about Sunday, right?
RIki
Talking about the Dining Room - jacket and collared shirt required - I did not see tie. Copied from site: Not sure what to pack? Resort casual attire is appropriate for most activities, with jacket and collared shirt required at dinner in our award-winning Dining Room
I apologize, was trying to make it bigger than it showed and now it is a mess. Won't change.

Shall I make a reservation for 12 then? Although there is no commit yet, I also invited Jay..
Are we talking about dining at one of the two pubs in the hotel? It can't be the restaurant as they require a jacket and tie so that would count us out. Why don't we meet somewhere? I have not even had time to tell Chris about this since I'm at work and he's out on a wine tour. We're talking about Sunday, right?
RIki
Talking about the Dining Room - jacket and collared shirt required - I did not see tie. Copied from site: Not sure what to pack? Resort casual attire is appropriate for most activities, with jacket and collared shirt required at dinner in our award-winning Dining Room
I apologize, was trying to make it bigger than it showed and now it is a mess. Won't change.
gillumhouse said:
So which is it??? IF you read the Reservation Request form at the bottom it says "In the evening, jacket and tie are required in the dining room and jackets elsewhere. Casual attire is welcomed at Sam Sneed's and The Player's Pub"
I think I maybe can get him into a jacket but he'll have jeans on with it. He has beautiful suits but they're in the basement in a wardrobe.
RIki

What do you mean? No doilies allowed!? Yeah if they charge a $25 cancellation fee you can BET the meal is not cheap nor the attire casual.
wink_smile.gif

end all doily discrimination
Order pizza to the lobby and have a party there! (Don't you hate it when people comment who are not even going! DOH! oops I will shut up now...bye)

This time of year. your conference is probably going to be the only people there. I think it just means..no jeans! Didn't someone here go last year? Maybe they can tell you what to wear. I certainly wouldn't be doing anything fancy if I was going. Why don't you just eat in the pub?.
catlady said:
This time of year. your conference is probably going to be the only people there. I think it just means..no jeans! Didn't someone here go last year? Maybe they can tell you what to wear. I certainly wouldn't be doing anything fancy if I was going. Why don't you just eat in the pub?
That's what I would think. I can't believe they are "filling up" either. How small are these two venus anyway?
RIki

What do you mean? No doilies allowed!? Yeah if they charge a $25 cancellation fee you can BET the meal is not cheap nor the attire casual.
wink_smile.gif

Order pizza to the lobby and have a party there! (Don't you hate it when people comment who are not even going! DOH! oops I will shut up now...bye).
Comment away! You are right!

wink_smile.gif

Order pizza to the lobby and have a party there! (Don't you hate it when people comment who are not even going! DOH! oops I will shut up now...bye).
gillumhouse said:
Bless your heart for getting it all together. You will work it out it the end, even if you all share a can of budweiser in the room. ha ha :) You know what I mean.

RIki
gillumhouse said:
So which is it??? IF you read the Reservation Request form at the bottom it says "In the evening, jacket and tie are required in the dining room and jackets elsewhere. Casual attire is welcomed at Sam Sneed's and The Player's Pub"
I think I maybe can get him into a jacket but he'll have jeans on with it. He has beautiful suits but they're in the basement in a wardrobe.
RIki
Find him a pair of khakis - the Dining Room and Grille restaurants are no denim. Jim will be kicking and screaming, too.

wink_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
Bless your heart for getting it all together. You will work it out it the end, even if you all share a can of budweiser in the room. ha ha :) You know what I mean.
Yes, we could each stop at Subway on the way in and meet in the lobby before retiring to someone's room if they do not mind sitting on the floor. I will invite to my room! I just wanted us to get together while we had the chance. I swallowed hard at the prices, but will gladly spend it to meet everyone.

wink_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
Yes, we could each stop at Subway on the way in and meet in the lobby before retiring to someone's room if they do not mind sitting on the floor. I will invite to my room! I just wanted us to get together while we had the chance. I swallowed hard at the prices, but will gladly spend it to meet everyone.
I just called a B&B in Hot Springs - the Vine Cottage - to see if I could get a local recommendation. With Sunday night, our options are limited but the Gristmill in Warm Springs is open. The prices are more reasonable but it is about a 5-mile drive from the Homestead. Just an option to think about.
The Country Cafe would be a good choice in Hot Springs but it is closed on Sundays. Riki - we should go there on Tuesday night - we'll be tired of the fancy dining by then.
P.S. The Vine Cottage innkeeper - John, I think - was extremely gracious and helpful. A good place to stay in Hot Springs!!

wink_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
I just called a B&B in Hot Springs - the Vine Cottage - to see if I could get a local recommendation. With Sunday night, our options are limited but the Gristmill in Warm Springs is open. The prices are more reasonable but it is about a 5-mile drive from the Homestead. Just an option to think about.
The Country Cafe would be a good choice in Hot Springs but it is closed on Sundays. Riki - we should go there on Tuesday night - we'll be tired of the fancy dining by then.
P.S. The Vine Cottage innkeeper - John, I think - was extremely gracious and helpful. A good place to stay in Hot Springs!!
SAme thing with my thoughts in response:
I have no objection to driving 5 miles. And we could always carpool. I just do not want to drive another 30 min to get to dinner and then another 30 minutes back. Plus I MIGHT just pop for a glass of wine. I can go 5 miles after a glass of wine.

wink_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
I hope that John will be able to attend and get as many potential buyers to his Inn as possible since it is right there.
SueE that B&B is right on the road and has shared baths, and next door to a premiere golf resort, so there are a few different variables there that may turn off buyers. You can see the room rates are fairly low and they pack quite a few into a room if needed. I wish people would buy up these investments instead of trying to redo places that they can never complete! Innstant income...(unlike John Deere house)

wink_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
I hope that John will be able to attend and get as many potential buyers to his Inn as possible since it is right there.
SueE that B&B is right on the road and has shared baths, and next door to a premiere golf resort, so there are a few different variables there that may turn off buyers. You can see the room rates are fairly low and they pack quite a few into a room if needed. I wish people would buy up these investments instead of trying to redo places that they can never complete! Innstant income...(unlike John Deere house)
I hear ya - I would think right next to the golf resort would be a good thing tho! Is there anything for women to do in the area if they are not into golfing with their SO? If I understand correctly it is also in the middle of BF nowhere? Is it a public golf resort or do you have to be a guest at the resort to play golf? That would not work then! Sorry, I know nothing about Homestead obviously! Hopefully there are some aspirings going to the conference! But the price still seems a little high to me.

RIki
gillumhouse said:
RIki
Find him a pair of khakis - the Dining Room and Grille restaurants are no denim. Jim will be kicking and screaming, too.
muirford said:
I wonder how seriously they are going to stick to this in the off season? At any rate, I hope they don't have any dress codes for the bar. That may be where we do all our dining at this point. I don't like forced clothing requirements for no reason. This is off season in the middle of winter for (*&^%$% sake.
Riki

RIki
gillumhouse said:
RIki
muirford said:
I wonder how seriously they are going to stick to this in the off season? At any rate, I hope they don't have any dress codes for the bar. That may be where we do all our dining at this point. I don't like forced clothing requirements for no reason. This is off season in the middle of winter for (*&^%$% sake.
Riki
We are NOT dining at The Homestead. They lost a LOT of revenue because of that stupid cancel fee - over and above the dress code.

RIki
gillumhouse said:
RIki
muirford said:
Will do. But maybe they don't have a dress code in the bar. If so, that's where we'll be doing our dining.
RIki

RIki
gillumhouse said:
RIki
muirford said:
Will do. But maybe they don't have a dress code in the bar. If so, that's where we'll be doing our dining.
RIki
I do think the bar is casual. We are going to do the Dining Room one night so we will pack for it. Just because it's there...

RIki
gillumhouse said:
RIki
muirford said:
RIki
I do think the bar is casual. We are going to do the Dining Room one night so we will pack for it. Just because it's there...
muirford said:
Well I'll try and throw in a jacket just in case. But we have so many great restaurants here (as do you in your little town - we were really impressed with all it had to offer!) it will be difficult for me to justify their prices until I get there to see. This is beginning to remind me of Napa with all the high prices just "because". The restaurants were good, but not any better than anywhere else's better restaurants.
RIki

Back