Vacation!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Last guest just checked out...I AM ON VACATION! (OK, I'm on vacation AFTER I clean the room!)

Yipppeeee! We just got an extra wine tour too, so I get to go to the MidAtlantic Conference next week at the Homestead!
Who else is going?
RIki

You're not really on vacation because you'll be doing work around the inn. ;-) Take some time to yourselves though!

Yipppeeee! We just got an extra wine tour too, so I get to go to the MidAtlantic Conference next week at the Homestead!
Who else is going?
RIki.
Kathleen from Gillum House, Mary at Bridgewater and I will be there. Kathleen is trying to make dinner reservations for us on Sunday night. Wear a doily!

You're not really on vacation because you'll be doing work around the inn. ;-) Take some time to yourselves though!.
The vacation part of it is not having to get up in the morning and not having to 'be ready' for walk-ins.

You're not really on vacation because you'll be doing work around the inn. ;-) Take some time to yourselves though!.
The vacation part of it is not having to get up in the morning and not having to 'be ready' for walk-ins.
I'll second that! We are closed until Thursday, painting the dining room.
I am absolutely luxuriating in sleeping late, taking my time getting my day started, whacking my hair up in a pony tail every day and just generally doing things on our own schedule. It's helping that it's so cold out, I don't have any need to leave the house so it's nice to get this last room painted.

I am absolutely luxuriating in sleeping late, taking my time getting my day started, whacking my hair up in a pony tail every day and just generally doing things on our own schedule. It's helping that it's so cold out, I don't have any need to leave the house so it's nice to get this last room painted.
Rupert said:
OK, I am closed until Feb to paint the living room! Maybe I should hire you!

Who else is going?
RIki.
Kathleen from Gillum House, Mary at Bridgewater and I will be there. Kathleen is trying to make dinner reservations for us on Sunday night. Wear a doily!
I need a head count! Lets just stay at the hotel. I do not know the area, have no clue what the weather is going to be so prefer to just come in, listen to Jay, and stay put! You and Mary now make 4 - I am bringing a surprise with me. Anyone else? Riki, will you be joining us? Jeanne?

Rupert said:
OK, I am closed until Feb to paint the living room! Maybe I should hire you!
We kicked butt! Got it finished in two days. This is now the second house that we've painted top to bottom...we have it down to a system by this point.
Tomorrow I start deep cleaning all the rooms...going to take my time and aim for one room a day.

I hear you! Being closed during the holidays has been great in that I'm actually getting a regular night's sleep. I've been getting up just a little later than the regular time so I can stay on a schedule. But 7 AM sure feels a lot later than 6 AM ;-)

And now I am sick. Of course. It's my vacation. I sat down to read a book this afternoon, nodded off and woke up with a lousy head cold. So, back to bed now to see if I can at least make it less severe by getting some sleep.

And now I am sick. Of course. It's my vacation. I sat down to read a book this afternoon, nodded off and woke up with a lousy head cold. So, back to bed now to see if I can at least make it less severe by getting some sleep..
I started with this a few days ago. Drink TONS of water, take some ibuprofen, and go to bed early. I felt better in a day.

Who else is going?
RIki.
I need a head count! Lets just stay at the hotel. I do not know the area, have no clue what the weather is going to be so prefer to just come in, listen to Jay, and stay put! You and Mary now make 4 - I am bringing a surprise with me. Anyone else? Riki, will you be joining us? Jeanne?
I will be there with Jim, although we aren't going to arrive in time to hear Jay speak - we have guests Sunday morning. I doubt we will arrive before 3 or so. Staying at the Homestead is a good idea, I think. Tedwin and Chris will also be there - I'm not sure of his plans for dinner that night.

Who else is going?
RIki.
I will be there with Jim, although we aren't going to arrive in time to hear Jay speak - we have guests Sunday morning. I doubt we will arrive before 3 or so. Staying at the Homestead is a good idea, I think. Tedwin and Chris will also be there - I'm not sure of his plans for dinner that night.
muirford said:
Great! We have no plans at all since this was a last minute thing. I'm looking foward to seeing the Homestead. See you there!
Riki

Who else is going?
RIki.
gillumhouse said:
Yep I just sold a 12 person wine tour and the deposit is in so we can come. Just booked the Homestead - they are still offering the group rate. Just paid the conference fee. Have to drop the dog off at the kennel first so we should get there about 11 or 12noon. Would love to see everybody!
From what I understand, there is no other restaurants near the resort so we're going to just stay put.
Riki

Shall I make a reservation for 12 then? Although there is no commit yet, I also invited Jay.

Shall I make a reservation for 12 then? Although there is no commit yet, I also invited Jay..
Are we talking about dining at one of the two pubs in the hotel? It can't be the restaurant as they require a jacket and tie so that would count us out. Why don't we meet somewhere? I have not even had time to tell Chris about this since I'm at work and he's out on a wine tour. We're talking about Sunday, right?
RIki

Wish I could be there...daughter turns 13 on Sunday and have to take Dad to the airport to fly back to CA. I will be there is doiley spirit though.
thumbs_up.gif

Back