Valentines Day specials

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
With Valentines Day on a Sat this year, it should be a good weekend...anyone have a specials planned?

Don't call them SPECIALS..call them ROMANCE or VALENTINE PACKAGES.
Specials imply some sort of a bargain..and you should NOT be bargaining on this PRIME OPPORTUNITY.

WO! Thanks for the heads up. We will have to be on for this one. I agree with the synopsis of specials, I see that on many websites and it is not a special, unless it is discounted, or called Special Event or something. Or maybe it is one of those "made ya look" moments.

Specials imply some sort of a bargain..and you should NOT be bargaining on this PRIME OPPORTUNITY..
catlady said:
Specials imply some sort of a bargain..and you should NOT be bargaining on this PRIME OPPORTUNITY.
So, does anyone have any packages planned?

Specials imply some sort of a bargain..and you should NOT be bargaining on this PRIME OPPORTUNITY..
catlady said:
So, does anyone have any packages planned?
Not yet, but I will......

catlady said:
I'm in defensive mode here, I think. I am not expecting a single guest for V-Day weekend at this point given how bad the environment is. I have in the past given away roses and candy for the day, making it a package. I'm done with the roses (too expensive and a bear to eat that cost when it snows and any guests cancel).
So, I'm looking for ideas to get them thru the door.
Our first V-Day here was a Sat. We had walk-ins coming in up until 9 PM! THAT has not happened since. But, V-Day hasn't fallen on a weekend since. We offered the roses and candy for that one, but no one walking in the door knew that.

I think there is a great advantage to being on a Sat so we can perhaps get a 2 night booking going for fri and sat. I have to check to see what shows will be on (musicals etc) before I make any packages up. STRESSING ME OUT. I am here trying to get through Thanksgiving guests...

Maybe I should throw in a 'restaurant on the corner" $10 gift certificate? DH said flowers, he forgets the cost of flowers that particular day of the year.

I think there is a great advantage to being on a Sat so we can perhaps get a 2 night booking going for fri and sat. I have to check to see what shows will be on (musicals etc) before I make any packages up. STRESSING ME OUT. I am here trying to get through Thanksgiving guests....
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I think there is a great advantage to being on a Sat so we can perhaps get a 2 night booking going for fri and sat. I have to check to see what shows will be on (musicals etc) before I make any packages up. STRESSING ME OUT. I am here trying to get through Thanksgiving guests...
Sorry, for the stress. I've given up on the next month as far as getting any other bookings. So I'm looking forward to Feb!
I just had an odd call...woman wanted to know the name of the hotel I gave to her on Monday because 'you were full for the weekend'. Huh? So I told her we're not full and explained what I have open. She said she would have to talk to her husband again as they had decided on the hotel because we were full. Again, huh?

Maybe I should throw in a 'restaurant on the corner" $10 gift certificate? DH said flowers, he forgets the cost of flowers that particular day of the year..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Maybe I should throw in a 'restaurant on the corner" $10 gift certificate? DH said flowers, he forgets the cost of flowers that particular day of the year.
I would do a package and put in a $50 GC. (Guest pays for the GC, I'm not saying that's a freebie.)
I could do the pkg with our 'I love you' add on. (It specifically states already that we WON'T do roses for Valentines Day!)

Here it is the stress is over:
Valentine's Month Special - $10 Gift Certificate to our fantastic Blue Heron Restaurant with any two night stay in February!

Valentine's Month Special - $10 Gift Certificate to our fantastic Blue Heron Restaurant with any two night stay in February!.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Valentine's Month Special - $10 Gift Certificate to our fantastic Blue Heron Restaurant with any two night stay in February!
Yeesh. THAT was easy! Why am I stressing???

Valentine's Month Special - $10 Gift Certificate to our fantastic Blue Heron Restaurant with any two night stay in February!.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I include a box of our locally-made chocolates with a two-night stay over the holiday week. Maybe this year I'll expand it through February.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I include a box of our locally-made chocolates with a two-night stay over the holiday week. Maybe this year I'll expand it through February.
muirford said:
Fine homemade chocolates never go astray.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
muirford said:
Not to be nosy, but I am, how much would those cost on the open market?

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
muirford said:
They retail for about $13.00.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
muirford said:
Bree said:
muirford said:
So covert "open market" ha ha

It's also President's Day Weekend, so you should be able to get at least a two night min, since many people have Monday off...

It's also President's Day Weekend, so you should be able to get at least a two night min, since many people have Monday off....
I have a 2-night minimum for both Saturday and Sunday night at the moment. But the chocolates will incent that behavior, also. I have already noticed a Webervations check on a stand-alone Saturday in the past week.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
muirford said:
muirford said:
Thx. That's about what something nice goes for here. Retail.

Back