Value Added Features at B&Bs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
I am blogging about my recent innkeeper's escape and went to one of the inns' websites to double check something and saw this new information that they posted on their rooms page. While lengthy, it does point out what they offer that is included vs a hotel. I think I'll blog about this in a separate blog post!
We know that more than at any time in the past you are seeking to get value for your dollar. At the Lovely Inn we are committed to making sure you get your money's worth - and then some. Here are some of the value added features we offer our guests (things you will not get or that you will likely pay extra for at luxury chain hotels):
    • Daily Complimentary social hour with Wine and Appetizers
    • Complimentary (Locally) Bottled Water and Soft Drinks
    • Fresh Baked Cookies
    • 2 Course Gourmet Breakfast (served)
    • Free Wifi, plus Guest Computer
    • Great Bottomless Coffee - Day or Night
    • Concierge Service
    • Super Luxurious 600 Thread Count Sheets, and you get a real fitted bottom sheet.
    • Eco-Friendly Super-Soft and Absorbent Bamboo Towels
    • Recycling Center (and it actually gets recycled)
    • Guest Refrigerator
    • Great tasting foods that are largely organic and natural. We use many fresh and local seasonal ingredients.
    • Eco-Friendly Cleaning and Laundry Products
    • Herbs and Flowers Fresh from our Gardens
    • Owners Available 24/7
We are proud of the Lovely Inn and are always striving to make her better and more welcoming. Be assured we will always provide you the utmost in cleanliness and hospitality - that is our guarantee.

Nice list! I think it helps to point out that these things are available even though times are tough.

Nice list! I think it helps to point out that these things are available even though times are tough..
I liked this phrase too: "(things you will not get or will likely pay extra for at luxury chain hotels)". That is key for some prospective guests to realize. Just the kind of value that they're getting for their dollars.
We don't have a couple of things on their list: Wine with a social hour (no one came to our social hour) and an actual "recycling center" for guests. We just make sure anything that can be recycled gets to our bins. I just added a recycling trash can to the hallway in our second house and I'm looking for a container for upstairs to use here. The problem that we have is that people assume that our City recycles more than we do here (for instance, we do not recycle boxes here) and we get all kinds of things in the recycle container in my one self-contained suite. But I can deal with that.

I have a diff feel to the list. It all began... when we first looked at a BnB in The White Mountains of New Hampshire to purchase I showed this one BnB website to someone I respected and she read the list off and was put off by them adding every little thing onto the list. From that point on (that was in the aspiring - pre-perspiring days) I tend to feel innkeepers should not toss every thing on to their websites.
Here I am saying that as you know me as one who declares, "content content content."
For example - the social hour might put some people off, yet others it might attract. It is always 6 of one half dozen of another.
How much do we put on these websites?
Aren't we all glad we can blog now and have addtl pages/photos for information not necessary to cramp the website? I am. Hard to determine what is what at times though.

Nice list! I think it helps to point out that these things are available even though times are tough..
I liked this phrase too: "(things you will not get or will likely pay extra for at luxury chain hotels)". That is key for some prospective guests to realize. Just the kind of value that they're getting for their dollars.
We don't have a couple of things on their list: Wine with a social hour (no one came to our social hour) and an actual "recycling center" for guests. We just make sure anything that can be recycled gets to our bins. I just added a recycling trash can to the hallway in our second house and I'm looking for a container for upstairs to use here. The problem that we have is that people assume that our City recycles more than we do here (for instance, we do not recycle boxes here) and we get all kinds of things in the recycle container in my one self-contained suite. But I can deal with that.
and we get all kinds of things in the recycle container in my one self-contained suite.
I can believe that. I have a covered, plastic bag lined crock as a trash container in the shared bath and a very large white oak basket for used towels. Of course you will never guess what gets used as the trash container.....

Samster said:
We don't have a couple of things on their list: Wine with a social hour (no one came to our social hour)
We say "Wine and Cheese at check in and that works for us, but then again, we only have two rooms. But check in is from 4 - 7 right now, and that might not work for when we have 5 rooms. So maybe we'll change it to wine and cheese at 6pm during check in....
RIki

Back