Vanilla Lemonade

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee thanks for reminding me, I have a lemon in my handbag I forgot to take out yesterday!

Gee thanks for reminding me, I have a lemon in my handbag I forgot to take out yesterday!.
Joey Bloggs said:
Gee thanks for reminding me, I have a lemon in my handbag I forgot to take out yesterday!
Maybe that is why you had smug people! They were drawn by the lemon....ah yes the old lemon in the handbag trick. :)

Weaver... which type of vanilla bean works best? (My guess, Madigascar or Tahitian, Mexican would just be odd.) I would think that if you use Tahitian, you wouldn't need the lavender
regular_smile.gif

Cucumber water is also refreshingly nice in the summer.

Weaver... which type of vanilla bean works best? (My guess, Madigascar or Tahitian, Mexican would just be odd.) I would think that if you use Tahitian, you wouldn't need the lavender
regular_smile.gif

Cucumber water is also refreshingly nice in the summer..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
regular_smile.gif

I like the Madigascar never tried the Tahitian. But the Lavender is SO SO pretty!

regular_smile.gif

Eric Arthur Blair said:
regular_smile.gif

I like the Madigascar never tried the Tahitian. But the Lavender is SO SO pretty!
I use the Madigascar to make my own vanilla vodka all the time, I like the vanilla flavor a little stronger. Bet that would be heaven in plain lemonade.

regular_smile.gif

Eric Arthur Blair said:
regular_smile.gif

I use the Madigascar to make my own vanilla vodka all the time, I like the vanilla flavor a little stronger. Bet that would be heaven in plain lemonade.
It's time to get some Tahitian and Mexican. Tahitian is extremely floral. Mexican has a sort of chocolate/woodsy edge to it. In the case of lemonade, I would think that the Tahitian would add a very different edge to this.
Of course, we can get and use Tonka beans around here (but you can't, they aren't allowed in the US). You can order the beans on Amazon. I making my own extract for the Tahitian and Mexican. I need it for a macaron recipe and I couldn't find anything other than Madagascar (Bourbon) vanilla around here.

regular_smile.gif

Eric Arthur Blair said:
regular_smile.gif

It's time to get some Tahitian and Mexican. Tahitian is extremely floral. Mexican has a sort of chocolate/woodsy edge to it. In the case of lemonade, I would think that the Tahitian would add a very different edge to this.
Of course, we can get and use Tonka beans around here (but you can't, they aren't allowed in the US). You can order the beans on Amazon. I making my own extract for the Tahitian and Mexican. I need it for a macaron recipe and I couldn't find anything other than Madagascar (Bourbon) vanilla around here.
I knew the Mexican had a chocolate hint but never had the beans. I am going to order some of the Tahitian and try that instead of lavender in some recipes and see what it does for them.
I just tried to order the Tonka Beans from Ecrater and it looks like I can, not sure yet haven't gotten to the enter cc part but it let me past the address part.

regular_smile.gif

Eric Arthur Blair said:
regular_smile.gif

I knew the Mexican had a chocolate hint but never had the beans. I am going to order some of the Tahitian and try that instead of lavender in some recipes and see what it does for them.
I just tried to order the Tonka Beans from Ecrater and it looks like I can, not sure yet haven't gotten to the enter cc part but it let me past the address part.
We can get there here, but they aren't cheap. Which is ironic, because they are what they use to make the "cheap" vanilla that most tourists buy in Mexico.

Joey Bloggs said:
Yep
One of those silly tidbits of science in the kitchen. First time I saw that I thought yea right. But it works every time.
I can't remember where I saw it but there is a ice machine that will actually heat the water first to get the clear cubes. Now we are talkin'.

Joey Bloggs said:
Yep
One of those silly tidbits of science in the kitchen. First time I saw that I thought yea right. But it works every time.
I can't remember where I saw it but there is a ice machine that will actually heat the water first to get the clear cubes. Now we are talkin'.
Weaver said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Yep
and of course, warm/hot water freezes faster than cold.

OK I made it, and it is AWESOME!!!!!!
AND it is GONE. made a half recipe, and kids each had some, then each took a big travel mug to work. Best lemonade I have had in a long time, maybe ever!
Next time I am trying it with fruit studded ice cubes, and I will take pics before the taste testers get to it. Which means I will be making lemonade at 3 am.

Back