Vegan Eggs and Bacon

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Get ready, the Vegans are coming....
I-Believe-It.jpg

It may be adorable, but it doesn't look very appetizing.
barf.gif

DW recently did a black bean burrito for a vegan guest and it went over very well. It was served with fresh fruit and muffins.

barf.gif

DW recently did a black bean burrito for a vegan guest and it went over very well. It was served with fresh fruit and muffins..
Different strokes for different folks - I'd be more likely to eat the pictured than a black bean burrito for breakfast. But when in Rome...(or Texas as the case may be)

barf.gif

DW recently did a black bean burrito for a vegan guest and it went over very well. It was served with fresh fruit and muffins..
Different strokes for different folks - I'd be more likely to eat the pictured than a black bean burrito for breakfast. But when in Rome...(or Texas as the case may be)
suellen222 said:
My problem with it is that it's all flash and no substance. As another indicated, you can't use cottage cheese on a vegan dish. What's left but a banana and and apricot and non-nutritive lettuce?
Vegans don't have a problem with eating legumes and non-traditional breakfast items for breakfast. Non-vegans are so obsessed with trying to substitute meat and eggs into a meal. Vegans don't eat meat and eggs, so are used to eating uncoventionally. Think taste and nutrition THEN think presentation.
We put a southwestern twist on our meal, but it could have served some other way. DW has made a hash with beans, corn, carrots, peppers and onions sauteed in olive oil. It's so good, we eat it as a side with our meals.
You can serve all kinds of breads and cereals as long as you avoid dairy and egg products.

this wont do for vegan - you need to drop the cheese.
Didn't think of the cheese. Soygurt instead? But the colour will be different, since Soygurt is usually halfway between cream colour and grey. Round slices of tofu?

As Texan said- vegans do not need or want food that resembles meat/eggs or dairy. I (15 yers vegan) preffer it does not looks like it any imitations. Try vegan banana pancakes with fresh fruit and soy yogurt or vegetable -toffu scramble- this 2 are alway a hit with gusests.

I think it is supposed to be cute, not criticized. Just sayin'...maybe it is tofu cottage cheese. LOL!
Every time anyone posts here the rest try to SOLVE THE PROBLEM or pick it apart. People just post here for non problem solving reasons too...
PS It's a vegan appetizer, not the main meal. How bout that.

As Texan said- vegans do not need or want food that resembles meat/eggs or dairy. I (15 yers vegan) preffer it does not looks like it any imitations. Try vegan banana pancakes with fresh fruit and soy yogurt or vegetable -toffu scramble- this 2 are alway a hit with gusests..
April said:
As Texan said- vegans do not need or want food that resembles meat/eggs or dairy. I (15 yers vegan) preffer it does not looks like it any imitations. Try vegan banana pancakes with fresh fruit and soy yogurt or vegetable -toffu scramble- this 2 are alway a hit with gusests.
Maybe the non-vegans need it to look that way. Vegan is something we can't cater to. It totally throws off the entire morning to have to make sure nothing has anything animal-based in it.
We don't advertise 'vegan-based' breakfasts and we try to discourage anyone who says they are a vegan from staying here. It means redoing the rooms to remove the down products, investigating the soaps and shampoos. It's just too much work.

As Texan said- vegans do not need or want food that resembles meat/eggs or dairy. I (15 yers vegan) preffer it does not looks like it any imitations. Try vegan banana pancakes with fresh fruit and soy yogurt or vegetable -toffu scramble- this 2 are alway a hit with gusests..
April said:
Maybe the non-vegans need it to look that way. Vegan is something we can't cater to. It totally throws off the entire morning to have to make sure nothing has anything animal-based in it.
We don't advertise 'vegan-based' breakfasts and we try to discourage anyone who says they are a vegan from staying here. It means redoing the rooms to remove the down products, investigating the soaps and shampoos. It's just too much work.
We don't do vegan either...eggs are too important for breakfast! We've not had many requests, most veggies are lacto-ovo that we've had. Gluten is by far the most frequent request...and now that I've gotten proficient at that I'm sure it will fade and the next trend will start!

Cute idea! Made me chuckle.
regular_smile.gif
Kudos for creativity!
We made vegan French toast that was a hit, and also a vegan frittata. Both easy to do along side their regular breakfast counterparts. A vegan guest turned me on to a great product, Buttery Sticks, that acts more like butter for cooking breakfast-type foods. Tasty too.

Great. Love the humor - we all have to laugh a little more at ourselves - and our guests.

regular_smile.gif
Kudos for creativity!
We made vegan French toast that was a hit, and also a vegan frittata. Both easy to do along side their regular breakfast counterparts. A vegan guest turned me on to a great product, Buttery Sticks, that acts more like butter for cooking breakfast-type foods. Tasty too..
vegan butter = jam or peanut butter and for cooking vegan butter = applesauce
Samster said:
regular_smile.gif
Kudos for creativity!
We made vegan French toast that was a hit, and also a vegan frittata. Both easy to do along side their regular breakfast counterparts. A vegan guest turned me on to a great product, Buttery Sticks, that acts more like butter for cooking breakfast-type foods. Tasty too.

regular_smile.gif
Kudos for creativity!
We made vegan French toast that was a hit, and also a vegan frittata. Both easy to do along side their regular breakfast counterparts. A vegan guest turned me on to a great product, Buttery Sticks, that acts more like butter for cooking breakfast-type foods. Tasty too..
Samster said:
regular_smile.gif
Kudos for creativity!
Applesauce doesn't work too well when you're making a tofu vegetable frittata!
confused_smile.gif

regular_smile.gif
Kudos for creativity!
Samster said:
regular_smile.gif
Kudos for creativity!
Applesauce doesn't work too well when you're making a tofu vegetable frittata!
confused_smile.gif

Fine.... applesauce for bakery goods and just plain oil for everything else.

Back