Vermont Getaway

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Girl

Reaction score
My brother-in-law would like to take his wife to a very nice place in Vermont (not the Woodstock Inn) for their 40th wedding anniversary. Does anyone know of a great place for them stay? Thanks.

There are a lot of nice places in Stowe. We stayed at a small intimate little place that we dearly loved and have fond memories of. Unfortunately, our fond memories do not include the name of the place.
cry_smile.gif
I do remember that it was near a place that hand crafted violins. It was so long ago, I'm sure both places are no longer in business.
Stowe is a beautiful destination during the fall foliage season.

Any particular location? What time of year?.
Bree said:
Any particular location? What time of year?
No particular location, but their anniversary is in August.
Country Girl said:
Bree said:
August is very busy in VT. Especially places like Stowe & Woodstock where there are a lot of events involving horses. But those are two very pretty towns with excellent restaurants.
Inn Victoria is a nice place in Chester, VT.
What do they like to do? Would they want a small town? Big city? (OK, big in VT is small!)

Bree said:
Country Girl said:
Bree said:
August is very busy in VT. Especially places like Stowe & Woodstock where there are a lot of events involving horses. But those are two very pretty towns with excellent restaurants.
What do they like to do? Would they want a small town? Big city? (OK, big in VT is small!)
Bree said:
Country Girl said:
Bree said:
Thanks for the tips. He would be very happy to sit on a beautiful porch reading a great book all week. She is more adventurous. Both like live theatre, music, moderate hiking, beautiful scenery, good food, but not too expensive. He likes to bike but she does not. She plays tennis but he does not. A museum would probably be good if it was an interesting place. Neither likes to shop.

Bree said:
Country Girl said:
Bree said:
Bree said:
Country Girl said:
Bree said:
Thanks for the tips. He would be very happy to sit on a beautiful porch reading a great book all week. She is more adventurous. Both like live theatre, music, moderate hiking, beautiful scenery, good food, but not too expensive. He likes to bike but she does not. She plays tennis but he does not. A museum would probably be good if it was an interesting place. Neither likes to shop.
Country Girl said:
Bree said:
Country Girl said:
Bree said:
I would suggest looking at places in and around Shelburne or Middlebury. Burlington has some B&B's but from what I've been able to see, most of them are 'boutique hotels' and not really B&B's.
They could walk along the bike path which runs about 10 miles along the lake, go to the Shelburne Museum, eat great food and you've got those fab sunsets on the lake. Maybe even Basin Harbor Club (resort) in Vergennes. Quaint little town and there are some nice scenic drives around there, plus, again, the sunsets over th Adirondacks. And that's close to the Shelburne Museum (HUGE, 'outdoor' museum). And they could drive to Stowe for the day. Go to Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory (jam packed in the summer), Cold Hollow Cider Mill (better in the fall) or just hang out on the porch and read a book.
Once they decide, let me know. If it's anywhere near where I used to live I'll give you some restaurant ideas.

Back