Vet looks for participant in B & Bs For Vets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
When starting the B & Bs For Vets, this is the offshoot I hoped for. This is an e-mail I received tonight"
Dear Kathleen,
I would like to send my wife on a 2-night trip to a B&B in the Leesburg, Virginia area. If you have a list of B&Bs for Vets participants from Virginia could you send it to me? In 2010, my wife and I stayed at the Mayhurst Inn in Orange Va (run by Retired Lieutenant Colonel Jack & Mrs. Pat North) for this wonderful promotion that you organized, and it would be nice to patronize a participating B&B. However, the old list is not on the website.
If you have a list handy or participants please send it my way! Thank you for setting up this kind, thoughtful, and patriotic program.

I sent him the entire list of 58 Virginia inns. This man is a retired Major - Army.

thumbs_up.gif

I would delete the part about the wife. He wasn't expecting that to show up on the internet, even without a name. The other names are searchable.

I was incorrect, he is current. In his reply this morning, he said she deserves a get-away as they have 4 children.
He said about CL's friends - I can't say enough about Jack and Pat North of the Mayhurst Inn, who convinced the other 5-6 B&Bs in Orange, VA to participate in B&Bs for Vets, had a wine and cheese reception, and arranged a special Veterans Dinner at a local restaurant that night. Your idea and initiative inspired them and a lot of other fine people. We didn't get away last year but we fondly remember our 2010 stay at the Mayhurst- which was entirely reserved for Vets!
Edited as advised - point taken.

Back