Veterans Day for one region

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The owner of the laundry service we use just called to offer to do any sheets I send in on Thursday for free after seeing the clip on the news this morning. He's a vet.

The owner of the laundry service we use just called to offer to do any sheets I send in on Thursday for free after seeing the clip on the news this morning. He's a vet..
That is nice.
I sent the link to the PR guy and he called to tell me it was in the Charleston Gazette Sunday and he told me a lot of other papers it has been in. For me, the publicity is to get the word out to the people who can use it. Unless it is used - it is useless.
One thing though, if West Virginia can get it started and we can get it nationwide next yera, it would be great.

Very cool. Well done! to those participating inns.

EXCELLENT! Have you filled your room/s yet? This was a wonderful thing to do! Hope more would follow in your footsteps. Much deserved.

I sent the link to all who are participating. I just got this from The Manor Inn
Just want to share this...
A woman (name deleted) saw the news about this special on Ch 25 news last night and called this morning to see if we still had openings (we do)...her husband returns from Iraq tomorrow (Thursday) after being away 12 months - this is his 3rd tour of duty - they have 4 children - and through tears (her & I both!) she thanked me over & over again for offering this - I said we cannot thank her husband enough and so glad he is coming home!
Great job Kathleen for coming up with this one!!
Ellen

This story alone makes it worth the effort.

I sent the link to all who are participating. I just got this from The Manor Inn
A woman (name deleted) saw the news about this special on Ch 25 news last night and called this morning to see if we still had openings (we do)...her husband returns from Iraq tomorrow (Thursday) after being away 12 months - this is his 3rd tour of duty - they have 4 children - and through tears (her & I both!) she thanked me over & over again for offering this - I said we cannot thank her husband enough and so glad he is coming home!
Ellen

This story alone makes it worth the effort..
That is great! ANd that is what makes it so special and will produce many memories on both sides I am sure.Honestly if it were me, I would be inclined to just give them every room free for the night.

Ellen

This story alone makes it worth the effort..
That is great! ANd that is what makes it so special and will produce many memories on both sides I am sure.Honestly if it were me, I would be inclined to just give them every room free for the night.
Honestly if it were me, I would be inclined to just give them every room free for the night.
4 of the 10 are doing just that. I asked for at least 1 room - mainly because some just cannot afford to do more. The one in Ohio has 2 rooms and is giving one and I am grateful to each of the inns that supported me on this. There were many others that would have except they close on Nov 1 for the winter.

Hats off to you, Kathleen, Good job!
wink_smile.gif

Hats off to you, Kathleen, Good job!
wink_smile.gif
Thank you. I got a call tonight for 1 room. She could not believe it when I said it was free. Her husband is National Guard. Our National Guard has been deployed and redeployed. She said her husband was due to deploy and the orders were canceled. They are also first-timers so I get a change to do a conversion.....
I still have two rooms available.

An update: 1 inn had a reservation that cancelled due to family illness and one had a call that could not come on Nov 10 - they asked if they could Come Nov 7 but she was booked that night and offered an alternate date that was not acted upon. There are 7 other rooms booked for either Nov 10 or Nov 11 so I count it as successful.
We hope to make this a nationwide offering in 2010 if innkeepers around the Country would like to join us. Some of those reserving have never been to a B & B before - but I bet they will in the future....

WOOHOO! Great video Kathleen! Way to go our own Gillum House. Laurel Lodge and Thomas Shepard Inn!!!!!!
heart.gif

Nice video K... Glad you are having such a sucess with this gift of thanks offering.

WOOHOO! Great video Kathleen! Way to go our own Gillum House. Laurel Lodge and Thomas Shepard Inn!!!!!!
heart.gif
Thank you all. There were 7 other B & Bs in the mox. All but 2 either had guests or they (Vets) had to cancel for some reason. for a total of 9. I have e-mailed Jay Karen and he is on board to try to make this nationwide in 2010. This is the little acorn the mighty oak is going to grow from - I hope!

heart.gif
Thank you all. There were 7 other B & Bs in the mox. All but 2 either had guests or they (Vets) had to cancel for some reason. for a total of 9. I have e-mailed Jay Karen and he is on board to try to make this nationwide in 2010. This is the little acorn the mighty oak is going to grow from - I hope!
This is really, really awesome. I would love to get involved for next year.

heart.gif
This is really, really awesome. I would love to get involved for next year.
Great! All I ask is that at least one room is available free for someone with a valid military ID. I know it excludes people like my brother who did 10 years in the Marines and got out, but we have to have a mechanism to keep it for the people who earned it (or are earning it) and protect us from the scamming slugs.

Back