Veteran's Day - Starting early

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I am starting early to try to make the Veteran's Day a Nationwide project in 2010. By starting now, Associations are having their general meetings and Board meetings to see if they are on board. So far, Cody County Bed & Breakfast Assoc in Cody, Wyoming and the Kansas B & B Assoc have said count us in. Several more are taking it to the board. Several of the WV members who were in last year have sais count us in plus one who did not last year.
This will be best if it is a Nationwide project. It will bring the B & B industry to the forefront in a good way. For those who were not here last November, each inn decides how many (if any) rooms (I am hoping a minimum of one room per inn) would be available free to military with a valid military ID (Retired, Active Duty, Reserves, National Guard) and each inn takes its own reservations for the night of November 10, 2010 so they are on-site for any Veteran's Day activities. And since Veteran's Day is a holiday, perhaps stay-over (not free). The ID is our protection that we are not being scammed - my brother who was a Marine for 10 years does not qualify because he got out and does not have the ID. This is the Veteran's Day Thank You.
Update: As of today, inns in 15 States are participating. An inn in Hawaii just signed on. Invitation is not required - just let me know you are in so I can put you on the list. Right now # of States is important. Will start PR campaign after Labor Day.

K, you are awesome! What a great idea. Nationwide would be best, however, ANY thing that shows appreciation to the military is wonderful.
Best of luck to you...

K, you are awesome! What a great idea. Nationwide would be best, however, ANY thing that shows appreciation to the military is wonderful.
Best of luck to you....
Everyone is welcome to participate. It does not HAVE to be an Association thing. I just thought going through the Associations would be the quickest way to get it going. Anyone wanting to be part of this should send me an e-mail, I am keeping a list for future reference when it is PR time.

This is exciting - WBBG, the Washington Bed & Breakfast Guild (State) sent an e-mail tonight that they are in!!! I have had phone conversations with a couple other States. So far..... I have started a spreadsheet with regional Assoc, State Assoc, and individual inns that are in. Sorry to bore everyone, but I am excited about what this can mean for the industry.

This is exciting - WBBG, the Washington Bed & Breakfast Guild (State) sent an e-mail tonight that they are in!!! I have had phone conversations with a couple other States. So far..... I have started a spreadsheet with regional Assoc, State Assoc, and individual inns that are in. Sorry to bore everyone, but I am excited about what this can mean for the industry..
gillumhouse said:
Sorry to bore everyone
Can't see that happening anytime soon
tounge_smile.gif

This is exciting - WBBG, the Washington Bed & Breakfast Guild (State) sent an e-mail tonight that they are in!!! I have had phone conversations with a couple other States. So far..... I have started a spreadsheet with regional Assoc, State Assoc, and individual inns that are in. Sorry to bore everyone, but I am excited about what this can mean for the industry..
gillumhouse said:
This is exciting - WBBG, the Washington Bed & Breakfast Guild (State) sent an e-mail tonight that they are in!!! I have had phone conversations with a couple other States. So far..... I have started a spreadsheet with regional Assoc, State Assoc, and individual inns that are in.
Kathleen it is pretty darn exciting. And something you should really be proud of spreading around. I hope it catches on like wildfire!

gillumhouse said:
This is exciting - WBBG, the Washington Bed & Breakfast Guild (State) sent an e-mail tonight that they are in!!! I have had phone conversations with a couple other States. So far..... I have started a spreadsheet with regional Assoc, State Assoc, and individual inns that are in.
Kathleen it is pretty darn exciting. And something you should really be proud of spreading around. I hope it catches on like wildfire!
Thank you. I hope so too. There is a web site totell military people about stable facilities on or near military bases around the world www.militarystables.com and when I get a few more on board will send her a blurb. She has already told me she will post it. I would love to have a list of individual B & Bs that are going to participate in November that may create bookings throughout the year. Don't WE tend to patronize business that is friendly to US?

gillumhouse said:
Thank you. I hope so too. There is a web site totell military people about stable facilities on or near military bases around the world www.militarystables.com and when I get a few more on board will send her a blurb. She has already told me she will post it. I would love to have a list of individual B & Bs that are going to participate in November that may create bookings throughout the year. Don't WE tend to patronize business that is friendly to US?
gillumhouse said:
Don't WE tend to patronize business that is friendly to US?
Absolutely. You can bet that even the folks who won't be able to take any B&Bs up on the offer will, no doubt, will remember them for years to come.

Kathleen,
I will participate. We have a lot of bills due that time of year but since it is a Wednesday, I can swing it. I'll just have to remember to note it in a book.
I just hope we get someone who is coming from or going to a hardship post, not the ones working out of DC who could buy me several times over...
Riki

Kathleen,
I will participate. We have a lot of bills due that time of year but since it is a Wednesday, I can swing it. I'll just have to remember to note it in a book.
I just hope we get someone who is coming from or going to a hardship post, not the ones working out of DC who could buy me several times over...
Riki.
Thanks. They will be making the reservation with you when the time comes and will be required to show you the military ID so you can vertify they ARE retired, active duty, reserves, or National Guard. You put us up to 16 States.

Kathleen,
Riki.
Thanks. They will be making the reservation with you when the time comes and will be required to show you the military ID so you can vertify they ARE retired, active duty, reserves, or National Guard. You put us up to 16 States.
I'm going to take one room off the available status so that we don't mess up and book it to someone else.
RIki

Back