Veterans Project Press Template

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Joe sent me the template this morning. I am working on building an e-mail group list to send it out (guess who was not smart enough to build it as they came in.). In the mean time - here it is for those participating to copy/paste. Be sure to find all the <info> places.
For Immediate Release Contact: <Fill In Name>
<Fill In Date> <Fill In Phone Number>

BED & BREAKFASTS ACROSS THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA
TO HONOR U.S. MILITARY

<Fill in Dateline/Locations> – Hundreds of Bed and Breakfasts are providing free rooms on Wednesday, November 10th, in observance of Veterans Day (November 11) to honor men and women currently serving in the military, as well as those or who have served their country in the past. Over 200 inns in 39 states and Canada have donated rooms for this holiday promotion.

The program was started in 2009 by the West Virginia B&B Association. “We just wanted to say thank you to the courageous men and women from our armed forces”, says Kathleen Panek, owner of the Gillum House in Shinnston, West Virginia and originator of the concept. “These are trying times for anyone serving or who has served and a good night’s rest is our way to say, thank you.”

<Name of B&B> in <Location> is taking part in the Veterans Day promotion. “This is the best way for us to honor this country’s military members”, says <name>, owner of the <name of B&B>. “Not enough people realize what our serviceman and women face on a day to day basis in addition to those who have already put their lives on the line for our country and we are happy for them to stay with us as we celebrate Veterans Day.”

[COLOR= black]Bed and breakfast inns are smaller hospitality businesses that offer a more personal touch than standard motels or hotels. All rooms have private bathrooms, comfortable beds, and beautifully decorated areas for relaxation or conversation. Known for their great breakfasts and personalized service, B&Bs are a perfect way to enhance a getaway. [/COLOR]

Reservations need to be made directly with the participating inns. A valid military or Veterans Administration ID will be required for each reservation. Each participating Bed and Breakfast is making at least one room available on the night of November 10 and availability is limited to a first come first serve basis.

For more information on the promotion go to www.bnbsforvets.org.

###

Has PAII done anything to help promote this effort? I assume you have sent information out to all the different STATE B & B associations???

I got an email from PAII about it, and I'm not even a member currently.

Has PAII done anything to help promote this effort? I assume you have sent information out to all the different STATE B & B associations???.
Ohio was the ONLY State that I was never able to contact (Association) because my e-mail bounced back. They have an absolutely horrible web site, probably dating from the first web site ever created.
I have sent to all State Associations since February. We are up to 39 States now. It would be loverly of all 50 joined in. Just need 11 more States!
Joe will do another in November.

Anyone sending this out- be sure to correct the typos first. We just made idiots of ourselves...and have to send it again.

gillumhouse said:

TO HONOR U.S. MILITARY

<Fill in Dateline/Locations> – Hundreds of Bed and Breakfasts are providing free rooms on Wednesday, November 10th, in observance of Veterans Day (November 11) to honor men and women currently serving in the military, as well as those or who have served their country in the past. Over 200 inns in 39 states and Canada have donated rooms for this holiday promotion.

The program was started in 2009 by the West Virginia B&B Association. “We just wanted to say thank you to the courageous men and women from our armed forces”, says Kathleen Panek, owner of the Gillum House in Shinnston, West Virginia and originator of the concept. “These are trying times for anyone serving or who has served and a good night’s rest is our way to say, thank you.”

<Name of B&B> in <Location> is taking part in the Veterans Day promotion. “This is the best way for us to honor this country’s military members”, says <name>, owner of the <name of B&B>. “Not enough people realize what our serviceman and women face on a day to day basis in addition to those who have already put their lives on the line for our country and we are happy for them to stay with us as we celebrate Veterans Day.”

[COLOR= black]Bed and breakfast inns are smaller hospitality businesses that offer a more personal touch than standard motels or hotels. All rooms have private bathrooms, comfortable beds, and beautifully decorated areas for relaxation or conversation. Known for their great breakfasts and personalized service, B&Bs are a perfect way to enhance a getaway. [/COLOR]

Reservations need to be made directly with the participating inns. A valid military or Veterans Administration ID will be required for each reservation. Each participating Bed and Breakfast is making at least one room available on the night of November 10 and availability is limited to a first come first serve basis.

###

gillumhouse said:

TO HONOR U.S. MILITARY

###
Thanks - found the firs but missed the second. Too close to the forest to see the trees!

gillumhouse said:

TO HONOR U.S. MILITARY

###
Thanks - found the firs but missed the second. Too close to the forest to see the trees!
gillumhouse said:
Tsk, tsk.

Has PAII done anything to help promote this effort? I assume you have sent information out to all the different STATE B & B associations???.
Ohio was the ONLY State that I was never able to contact (Association) because my e-mail bounced back. They have an absolutely horrible web site, probably dating from the first web site ever created.
I have sent to all State Associations since February. We are up to 39 States now. It would be loverly of all 50 joined in. Just need 11 more States!
Joe will do another in November.
gillumhouse said:
I have the email to the Director of Tourism if you are interested. Just send me an email and let me know.

Had an e-mail from Dani this morning - the only participating B & B in Ohio as of this morning - to tell me she had one of her 2 rooms booked. I called her about half an hour later to talk about something and she told me she had just hung up from booking her second room for Veterans Day. She is thrilled! One if the inn-mates reported earlier that SHE had a booking. Woohoo!
Oh, whe nI was talking to Joe (PR guy) he told me I had the wrong publication - he sent a wroter from Country Roads to call me (and he did call).

I dropped off the press release to our local weekly paper last Friday - they printed it this week! We have one of 2 rooms booked so far... the one room booked 8/1/10. I'm looking forward to hearing from the other innkeepers the results of this promotion.

I dropped off the press release to our local weekly paper last Friday - they printed it this week! We have one of 2 rooms booked so far... the one room booked 8/1/10. I'm looking forward to hearing from the other innkeepers the results of this promotion..
I am tracking any that tell me they have bookings. So far 5 are booked - that I know of.
Edited to add that I have had calls regarding the Project. Have directed all to the web site.

I put it on my blog. Haven't sent it out to local papers yet. Might send to Omaha paper as there is a military base there. Will have to ask Carol if she is participating.

I put it on my blog. Haven't sent it out to local papers yet. Might send to Omaha paper as there is a military base there. Will have to ask Carol if she is participating..
You are still the only in your State. Talk about "Featured Inn" status!
I just waved goodbye to a reporter from one of the daily papers in our State Capital (with photographer!). The interview was about us and also the Thank You Veterans Project. I sent her back with some of the Thank You Veterans biz cards I made and asked her to make sure General Tackett (head of the Nat Guard here) gets the info "since I am sure you have contact info for him". (I served them pretzels fresh from the oven and sent them each back with a loaf of bread and a back scratcher! The reporter also was given a roast of Zambia coffee.)

Back