Veterans Web Site is LIVE!!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With today - we have 27 States and over 100 inns.
I spent a few hours last night and more this morning sending an update e-mail to Associations. Still have to gird my loins so to speak to tackle all the PA associations - they are all regional. That will kill a morning.
We are going to go north in the morning so i can put flowers on the family graves (something I do for my Granny) because last time we planned to do it I had looked at the date book wrong and we had in-coming. I will input all the new ones from tomorrow before I go to bed tomorrow. Have 12 to send so far today but will wait until after band practice to send.

I spent a few hours last night and more this morning sending an update e-mail to Associations. Still have to gird my loins so to speak to tackle all the PA associations - they are all regional. That will kill a morning.
We are going to go north in the morning so i can put flowers on the family graves (something I do for my Granny) because last time we planned to do it I had looked at the date book wrong and we had in-coming. I will input all the new ones from tomorrow before I go to bed tomorrow. Have 12 to send so far today but will wait until after band practice to send..
Question...the free night includes the vet bringing a spouse, correct? Not kids, tho? At the B&B's discretion in re kids? Just trying to head off that query from a reporter.

Another thought is to remove the pertinent phrase from this thread so it does not start showing up in Google searches once it goes viral on us. We don't want anyone reading the thought processes. I'm going to edit some of my comments.

i think the website needs to say just a little more ...
right on the front page
that this is NOT a government program, not a subsidized program ... that participating b&b's are donating rooms and they are not being compensated/paid whatever to do this. and that each b&b has agreed to offer free rooms for veterans or those serving in the united states armed forces, on november 10, 2010. any other offers being given by participating b&b's are at their own discretion.
here are some questions i have been asked through messages to me privately my answer follows each question.
1. my wife and i are both veterans, can't we get two nights?
no. and you can't check in with another couple to get two rooms and then switch partners.
2. just one night?
yes, just one night
3. can't we stay a different night for free?
no ... just november 10.
4. what about the 4th of july?
no ... just november 10.
5. can i stay someplace not on the list?
sure, just pay the room rate. it's only a free night at a participating bed and breakfast
6. what if the place i want to stay at is full?
try another b&b on the list
7. what about b&b's in canada?
?
no offense, but there is one person who i want to scold ... severely. as in 'don't be greedy! the b&b's are giving you a room and they are losing income to do it!'
bless you all ....
I do agree it would be good to have the 'disclaimer' on there that these rooms are donated by the participating B&B's with no compensation from anyone.

We are going to go north in the morning so i can put flowers on the family graves (something I do for my Granny) because last time we planned to do it I had looked at the date book wrong and we had in-coming. I will input all the new ones from tomorrow before I go to bed tomorrow. Have 12 to send so far today but will wait until after band practice to send..
Question...the free night includes the vet bringing a spouse, correct? Not kids, tho? At the B&B's discretion in re kids? Just trying to head off that query from a reporter.
Vet & Friend - NO KIDS!!
How the heck could anyone have a restful night if thre is a 2-legged animal present???

Here is the direct facebook page link ...
facebook can be difficult sometimes in my opinon. i tried to share a page (not related to the b&b for vets) and then ended up creating a group page because no one could find it. and now there are two 'pages' and a group page. trying to figure out if i can condense them.
anyway ... here's the url for the b&b for vets
[link pulled intentionally by request -swirt].
Please delete the link

Ok, your link works..but I should be able to type in this and get it...and I didn't. A search from my facebook page didn't produce a link:-(
How did you find it?
B&Bs for Vets[/h1].
Please delete the line after How did you find it? Mort is right - we do not want anyone to stumble on this site with a search for the pr o je ct.

Another thought is to remove the pertinent phrase from this thread so it does not start showing up in Google searches once it goes viral on us. We don't want anyone reading the thought processes. I'm going to edit some of my comments..
Excellent suggestion. I have edited mine. If anyone finds another reference of mine, please let me know so I can edit it.

i'm not at inn, but if you need help with anything i can do online for you ... drop me an email.

Ok, your link works..but I should be able to type in this and get it...and I didn't. A search from my facebook page didn't produce a link:-(
How did you find it?
B&Bs for Vets[/h1].
Please delete the line after How did you find it? Mort is right - we do not want anyone to stumble on this site with a search for the pr o je ct.
SS's post with the link is gone. SS, if you have any questions, email me.

Vet & Friend - NO KIDS!!
How the heck could anyone have a restful night if thre is a 2-legged animal present???
Some people don't rest if their kids aren't with them. But I wanted to know who should be included and I think couples is the best way to go. I wanted to know before I start contacting groups in the state.

Vet & Friend - NO KIDS!!
Some people don't rest if their kids aren't with them. But I wanted to know who should be included and I think couples is the best way to go. I wanted to know before I start contacting groups in the state.
I would think that question would be up to the inns if they want to allow a family to use the free room; kids and pets in accordance with the inn's own policies. The free part should only cover a vet and a partner/spouse - all others up to the B&B.

Vet & Friend - NO KIDS!!
I said no kids to try to give Mort an out. It truly IS up to each innkeeper what THEY want to do. Reservations are with the individual inns - not through any central control center. We hav ethe control center set up to make it easier to get the inns listed.
Just back from band rehearsal and there are a lot waiting for me. The e-mails I sent today were fruitful. We have picked up several more States!!

I had my first click-through today from the site....from Illinois!

I will AGAIN e-mail this to owner and director...thats the one of the drawbacks for working FOR someone else, but this is a great thing; if it where up to me there would be no question.

I had my first click-through today from the site....from Illinois!.
We took our oldest grandson to the State Museum today after our daughter (his aunt) left to go back to Chicago. He ships out to Afghanistan Sept 8. HE thinks this is great! He is sorry he is going to be in Afghanistan in Nov.
It was great to come home to find 3 more participating inns!! We are over 250 now - still stuck on 39 States. His big comment tonight was only one in Texas? He was impressed that Harry is in on it up in Canada. Life is GOOD!!!!

Back