Veterans Web Site is LIVE!!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
The wonderful innkeepers at Thomas Shepherd Inn, Shepherdstown, WV purchased a domain name and created a web site for the Thank You Veterans Project. It went live today!!! Click on the sign up here for the info on how to join this if you are so inclined. All except 2 inns that have signed up are on it as of now. Those two will go int hre next batch.
b n b s f o r v e t s.o r g

Nice turnout!
What next? What's the plan for getting 'noticed'?

kathleen, this is so wonderful!
how about posts on the different facebook pages for veterans? you need some more writeups and a SHARE ON FACEBOOK button.
i'm going to submit this to some of the big networks to see if they'll run something.
you guys rock! all of you that are doing this!

Nice turnout!
What next? What's the plan for getting 'noticed'?.
Hoping enough participating innkeepers feel it is worth $5 (thank you Riki) to kick in for the PR. He is a PRO so knows the best timing. I will e-mail Valerie at Militarystables.com and some of my other military contacts. Post a sign at the VFW, American Legion, CVB.... wherever Vets will see it. We WILL get LOTS of press on this. It is my hope that the inns that are listed on the site will get calls from their local nd other newspapers, etc. Contact your publicity contacts. I started this in February and you can see how far we are in almost July. I hope with the site being live, we will pick up the other States.
Joe will do the big-time publicity for us.

I just created a facebook page for the effort as well. Search facebook for B&Bs for Vets. As soon as we get 25 'likes' I'll get the real name.

I just created a facebook page for the effort as well. Search facebook for B&Bs for Vets. As soon as we get 25 'likes' I'll get the real name..
muirford said:
Search facebook for 'B&Bs for Vets'.
That's how you find the page. Type 'B&Bs for Vets' in the search box at the top of your Facebook page.

I just created a facebook page for the effort as well. Search facebook for B&Bs for Vets. As soon as we get 25 'likes' I'll get the real name..
muirford said:
That's how you find the page. Type 'B&Bs for Vets' in the search box at the top of your Facebook page.
I tried that but it didn't work

muirford said:
I just tried it too and it didn't find it :-(

ps ... i have been getting questions from facebook friends and friends of friends asking about this. yay!
now you just need a youtube video, we'll all go watch it and recommend it, it will go viral and you'll be stylin' ...
my one concern is that folks won't read the whole page, and will think they can have a free room any time. i'm sure you've considered this already.

Awesome!!! So glad to see a plan come together!
heart.gif
You guys are the best!

Ok, your link works..but I should be able to type in this and get it...and I didn't. A search from my facebook page didn't produce a link:-(
How did you find it?
B&Bs for Vets[/h1]

I have signed up and DH and our B&B to so that is 3 likes all in one go I hope this helps reach 25. I will also put the word out to my friends to join.

Ok, your link works..but I should be able to type in this and get it...and I didn't. A search from my facebook page didn't produce a link:-(
How did you find it?
B&Bs for Vets[/h1].
I don't know what to tell you; when I type that in, the page comes up. There is also a link to it on my inn's page, and I recommended it to my friends so you should see it.

ps ... i have been getting questions from facebook friends and friends of friends asking about this. yay!
now you just need a youtube video, we'll all go watch it and recommend it, it will go viral and you'll be stylin' ...
my one concern is that folks won't read the whole page, and will think they can have a free room any time. i'm sure you've considered this already..
seashanty said:
I am trying to see if I can get a file of the video we had from a local tv station last year, but so far no luck. Still working on it, though.

How did you find it?
B&Bs for Vets[/h1].
I don't know what to tell you; when I type that in, the page comes up. There is also a link to it on my inn's page, and I recommended it to my friends so you should see it.
It may come up because you are already a friend or you like the page. It didn't come up for me, either. I ended up clicking on someone else's link in a post on my wall.

Looks great! For facebook I clicked on Morticia's link to get to it to "like" it.

Just added my B&B to the promotion - Thanks Kathleen!
I had no problems anding the 'like' Facebook, I used SS's link.

I just typed B&Bs for Vets in my FB search box but nothing came up. I used the link provided above and "like"d it. It's such a nice thing you guys are doing!!

How did you find it?
B&Bs for Vets[/h1].
It may come up because you are already a friend or you like the page. It didn't come up for me, either. I ended up clicking on someone else's link in a post on my wall.
or it might be that it won't come up in a general search until we get 25 fans and can 'name' the page. It's hard to tell. If everyone recommends it to their friends, we will get a lot of fans quickly.

Back