Vicious Dog

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendydk

Reaction score
Got a call from a lady trying to make a reservation with two big dogs in our smallest room. She knew that not only do we not allow big dogs upstairs, but that we don't allow dogs as big as the ones she has...period. Her argument? "Well, YOU have big dogs, and the white one looks quite mean".
Here's the photo of "Lucy Goosie" she was looking at. Must be the big scary teeth, or maybe the mean name! :)
Lucy.jpg

That is the cutest picture! That dog does not look mean at all. He/she looks like a big teddy bear!
And who cares what dogs YOU have, they are not sleeping in the guest rooms!

LOL That lady must have never seen an actual dog snarl in anger/fear ... it looks nothing like that. ;)

first ... your place, your rules. no need to argue.
but ... are those lucy's teeth showing in the picture? just under the nose? to me she looks like she might appear to be snarling ... see how her lip seems curled up on one side? maybe it is time for a different picture?
i like dogs but i have a healthy respect for them. one of my sons has three - a chihuahua, a mix of part pit bull, and a mastiff. the smallish mix worries me the most. he has completely black eyes with little white surrounds and is unpredictable. the mastiff is enormous and frightens people by his sheer size but tries to sit on laps and is just a big baby. the chihuahua is the barker and has to be shushed.

Yes, it's quite common for innkeepers to keep vicious dogs on the premises to keep PITA guests like this woman in line!!!
Lucy is adorable, I think her picture is hysterical, she looks like she is saying "So what are you gonna do with that sausage link? I'm here if ya need me..."

Yes, it's quite common for innkeepers to keep vicious dogs on the premises to keep PITA guests like this woman in line!!!
Lucy is adorable, I think her picture is hysterical, she looks like she is saying "So what are you gonna do with that sausage link? I'm here if ya need me...".
So what are you gonna do with that sausage link? I'm here if ya need me..."
That and: "You're NOT going to throw that away, ARE you???!!"
I think from about 8am to 10am, those are the only thoughts running through her mind....

Lucy is adorable, I think her picture is hysterical, she looks like she is saying "So what are you gonna do with that sausage link? I'm here if ya need me...".
That and: "You're NOT going to throw that away, ARE you???!!"
I think from about 8am to 10am, those are the only thoughts running through her mind....
Little Blue said:
We don't have a dog, so I'm usually the one thinking that.
tounge_smile.gif

hahahahahahaaaa!
There is a big difference between your and this:
images
The Farmers Daughter said:
hahahahahahaaaa!
images
That's just a happy puppy! He's laughing. Can't you tell?
Proud Texan said:
hahahahahahaaaa!
images
No, no....this one is laughing:
vicious+dog.jpg

hahahahahahaaaa!
images
hahahahahahaaaa!
images
Proud Texan said:
hahahahahahaaaa!
images
No, no....this one is laughing:
vicious+dog.jpg

Nice Doggy!!???
Image00008.jpg

first ... your place, your rules. no need to argue.
but ... are those lucy's teeth showing in the picture? just under the nose? to me she looks like she might appear to be snarling ... see how her lip seems curled up on one side? maybe it is time for a different picture?
i like dogs but i have a healthy respect for them. one of my sons has three - a chihuahua, a mix of part pit bull, and a mastiff. the smallish mix worries me the most. he has completely black eyes with little white surrounds and is unpredictable. the mastiff is enormous and frightens people by his sheer size but tries to sit on laps and is just a big baby. the chihuahua is the barker and has to be shushed..
but ... are those lucy's teeth showing in the picture? just under the nose? to me she looks like she might appear to be snarling ... see how her lip seems curled up on one side?
I think that is a pretty common look for a boxer. Their typical overbite on the bottom almost guarantees that their top lip will get caught on a tooth and look like that.
There are a couple of boxers that live down the street from us and they nearly always look like that. (One of them has a tongue that hangs out one side of the mouth while the lip gets caught on the other....it makes me laugh everytime I see him)

This was her argument because she KNEW she needed one... Your home, your pets, your rules, not hers!

Back