Vineyards and Wineries and B&B's

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
You would think that all the wineries and vineyards near you would send rack cards, special invitations to the innkeepers, anything they can as we are 99% more likely to have our guests visit a winery than any one else.
(I just wanted to comment. I feel like I am afloat on a life raft in this area some days...no one gets what we do, or what we are.)

No 'real' wineries here but I get what you're saying. If you have a destination attraction let the people who see the tourists know what you've got. However, it does go the other way, too. It would help if WE let THEM know tourists can stay here instead of the hotels everyone drives by on their way to the attractions.

There are many people that do NOT get what we do. Today is not a good day for me to talk about this after just talking to a City official.
sad_smile.gif

Oh our local wineries are great. They send all the rack cards we want plus free tasting coupons for us to give to guests. Some send over free bottles of wine. We work together with them and it has been a great partnership...they KNOW the B & B's send people their way.

Wow. Out of all the wineries that I bring purchasing guests to for now 8 years, only one or two has ever given me a bottle of wine. And that's after bringing purchasing guests for over 6-7 years. We had to ask them for rack cards to put in our tour guests' packages.
Riki

R, how is it going up there? I have had a few guests come and go your direction of late, already booked and some could not get a spot at a B&B so had to stay in a hotel. But as always, I hear good things. Iask the guests where they have stayed and bits of info, they always report lovely stays in C'Ville/W'boro.

Wow. Out of all the wineries that I bring purchasing guests to for now 8 years, only one or two has ever given me a bottle of wine. And that's after bringing purchasing guests for over 6-7 years. We had to ask them for rack cards to put in our tour guests' packages.
Riki.
We have this one fellow..who actually will drive the wine to the B & B if someone liked it and wants more before they go home :) He's the same fellow that sometimes even invites folks to have dinner with them!!!

Riki.
Maybe since there are so many in your area, they just don't really need to "schmooz up" to the innkeepers. Here, innkeepers become their biggest supporters by sending guests their way.

Joey I know how you feel. All the chamber thinks is everyone comes here to fish. Trust me they are missing out on alot! (the sad part is they don't even know it) This is what I'm dealing with
smileystooges.gif

Riki.
Maybe since there are so many in your area, they just don't really need to "schmooz up" to the innkeepers. Here, innkeepers become their biggest supporters by sending guests their way.
catlady said:
Probably. There are a couple that show us that they appreciate our tours with guests buying quite a lot of wine. Others could care less if we are there or not. It's interesting.
RIki

Not just wineries but any kind of local tourist attraction or equivalent you would think they would think HMMM where to toursits stay? I know lets send them info!! its not rocket science!

We have a great relationship with our local winery. We send them people. They send us people. Guests are happy.

We have a great relationship with our local winery. We send them people. They send us people. Guests are happy..
In vino veritas..... :)
We too have a great relationship with MOST of the wineries. (a couple think we are not worthy of their time). At least twice a year we make the rounds and remind them of who we are & what we have to offer. Some have provided coupons for tastings that we can give our guests. It has been a great win/win for the most part.
BBBBob

We have a great relationship with our local winery. We send them people. They send us people. Guests are happy..
In vino veritas..... :)
We too have a great relationship with MOST of the wineries. (a couple think we are not worthy of their time). At least twice a year we make the rounds and remind them of who we are & what we have to offer. Some have provided coupons for tastings that we can give our guests. It has been a great win/win for the most part.
BBBBob
I just send guests and they taste. My winery does not have a fee for tasting.

Back