VIRGINIA CELEBRATES 75th ANNIVERSARY OF THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY | J'Adore Magazine

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice they mentioned "couples" I am totally pleased with that. I mean, singles sure and all that, just wanted to make sure it is not a "family package" :) Hey cool the amazon link to the right has all sorts of cool books for once - instead of colanders and stuff - it likes this subject or catering to me...maybe it is just showing them to me.

What a great article!!! Great job on your package Joey. I love the BRP, and those nifty amazon links are showing up for me too!

Hurray for you!!!! Hope some others pick this up as well. Never heard of the site or magazine but that's just me:-( Hope you get alot of bookings from this.

That's great!!! I hope it brings tons of new faces to your lovely B&B!!! Way to go

I wonder if this article could be used for your TA rating?

I wonder if this article could be used for your TA rating?.
Why? Or how? TA goes by reviews posted to it's web site doesn't it?
catlady said:
Yes, but you can also submit links to articles written about your Inn by online newpapers, magazines, guidebooks, etc. This helps to build your "score" and your ranking on TA. Could explain why your friends are not #1 for their city.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_can_i_add_a_link_to_a_story_about_my_hotel_on_my_listing_page

catlady said:
Yes, but you can also submit links to articles written about your Inn by online newpapers, magazines, guidebooks, etc. This helps to build your "score" and your ranking on TA. Could explain why your friends are not #1 for their city.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_can_i_add_a_link_to_a_story_about_my_hotel_on_my_listing_page
Yes I see that..but they have very some stringent requirements in order to put such on link on. They don't take just anything. And how do we actually know if it REALLY does help rankings??
My friends ARE # 1 for our city...for B & B's. ...they are not a hotel and hotels are what show up first.

catlady said:
Yes I see that..but they have very some stringent requirements in order to put such on link on. They don't take just anything. And how do we actually know if it REALLY does help rankings??
My friends ARE # 1 for our city...for B & B's. ...they are not a hotel and hotels are what show up first.
If the article has an online link to it, they will take it. It has to be from a recognized source and a travel directory or LARGE metro newspaper carries more weight with TA than a local or regional rag.
It DOES make a difference if you're fighting for first place. If you're in last place and have lousy or non-existant reviews, it won't help.

catlady said:
That's not the entire algorithm. Having 'outside,' non-biased (read: not influenced by you in any way including paid stays, bribes, having the innkeeper stand over you while you type out your review) write-ups definitely helps you on TA.
TA looks at those articles as 'professional' commendation. It helps. It really does.

We were written up in the Philadelphia Inquirer, nice piece, and TA didn't accept it...they didn't say why.

We were written up in the Philadelphia Inquirer, nice piece, and TA didn't accept it...they didn't say why..
Rupert said:
We were written up in the Philadelphia Inquirer, nice piece, and TA didn't accept it...they didn't say why.
TA says in their stipulations it need to mention you by name in as much as a paragraph, no less.

We were written up in the Philadelphia Inquirer, nice piece, and TA didn't accept it...they didn't say why..
Rupert said:
TA says in their stipulations it need to mention you by name in as much as a paragraph, no less.
see that is the issue. Most a B & B will get is a line or two..not a paragraph and then they won't add it if it links to some place they don't like...etc etc..so for the most part...probably not worth much to try and do it:-(

Rupert said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Rupert said:
I think I missed that part! May explain why not all of my submissions got picked up.

Rupert said:
We got a whole paragraph. I didn't pursue it.

Back