Virginia Tourism Corp. marketing to Generation X

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Virginia Tourism Corp. marketing to Generation X
http://www.virginiabusiness.com/index.php/news/article/romancing-generation-x
Excerpt:
"The state’s 40-year romance with the baby boomer generation is waning. The Virginia Tourism Corp., best known for its enduring “Virginia is for Lovers” campaign, is wooing a new audience: Generation X. They’re younger (ages 27 to 44), more adventuresome and spend more money on travel in Virginia.
According to a recent survey by TNS TravelsAmerica, Gen X travelers visiting the Old Dominion from anywhere in the country spend 13 percent more on travel during the course of a year than older baby boomers. On a per-trip basis to the state’s primary markets, these travelers spent $333 — 18 percent more than the average for these markets. "
(JB - - Sorry if I have already posted this, I didn't think I did. Very valuable innformation for marketing in this article!)

That is very good news for Virginia inns. It's always amazing to me to see the most valuable segment of the traveling public be completely ignored.
And JB, since your goal this year is to reach younger travelers, this is just another bonus for you.

SCORE!
Younger but not too young
wink_smile.gif

This is the age group we are booking. Almost all of our guests.
Riki

This is the age group that consistently bought our add-on packages which I found interesting. Not so much with the baby boomers and that surprised me!

This is the age group that consistently bought our add-on packages which I found interesting. Not so much with the baby boomers and that surprised me!.
Samster said:
This is the age group that consistently bought our add-on packages which I found interesting. Not so much with the baby boomers and that surprised me!
I concur. Baby boomers rarely buy add on flowers, even for an anniversary.

Back