Virtual Credit Card Number

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Yesterday when attempting to purchase a new remote for DH for his Si rius radio (he wore out the first one) the telephone person told me the number i gave her did not go through. I gave the number of my cc to complete the purchase and then immediately called the company with DH's card to check if there was any funny business going on with the card.
She surmised that the person entered the number incorrectly because they had no notations in the file of odd activity nor of that transaction attempt. She put a note in the file that I do not expect to be using that card in the next week as a just in case (and then I needed gas so had to use my card instead of the family card). She told me I can set up a virtual credit card number for each vendor I deal with - a different number for each - so my real credit card number does not appear - anywhere except with the card company.
New Years resolution #1 - set up a virtual card number for Pay pal and any vendor I use online.

I remember hearing about this feature being added to one of my cards about 10 years ago. I didn't understand the need so never did it. I think I can now see some benefits!

Back