Visual Composer

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

Generic

Reaction score
Anyone using Visual Composer? Is it worth it? Make it easier to work within your template?

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Just something else to learn. I use Enfold and DIVI and AVADA lately and they all use some sort of composer. Drag and drop kind of things...some are easier then others and they still require a bunch of css to get things looking the way you want.

Generic

Reaction score
Just something else to learn. I use Enfold and DIVI and AVADA lately and they all use some sort of composer. Drag and drop kind of things...some are easier then others and they still require a bunch of css to get things looking the way you want..
I'm using Karma. But it's a new add-on and I was wondering if it was worth it to make it easier to manipulate.
I haven't really done CSS, mostly I just edit the HTML if I have to.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Just something else to learn. I use Enfold and DIVI and AVADA lately and they all use some sort of composer. Drag and drop kind of things...some are easier then others and they still require a bunch of css to get things looking the way you want..
I'm using Karma. But it's a new add-on and I was wondering if it was worth it to make it easier to manipulate.
I only have one site done karma. Didn't realize it had it? Work with the site daily but certainly don't want to redo the site over with it. It is a freebie site I donate my time to so I am not willing to give even more for nothing

Generic

Reaction score
I only have one site done karma. Didn't realize it had it? Work with the site daily but certainly don't want to redo the site over with it. It is a freebie site I donate my time to so I am not willing to give even more for nothing
Well, it's certainly part of Karma 4.5, which is the latest update. I actually had to do some updating to my site today because one of the shortcodes changed.
Visual Composer is apparently free. I installed it, but haven't really used it.
I do wonder about setting up my website under a different theme. Can you actually set up a different theme as a test and then eventually move over to it? I worry about it because the shortcodes won't be the same, of course. Like trying something like the Bellevue theme and seeing how I like it.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Well, it's certainly part of Karma 4.5, which is the latest update. I actually had to do some updating to my site today because one of the shortcodes changed.
Visual Composer is apparently free. I installed it, but haven't really used it.
I do wonder about setting up my website under a different theme. Can you actually set up a different theme as a test and then eventually move over to it? I worry about it because the shortcodes won't be the same, of course. Like trying something like the Bellevue theme and seeing how I like it.
Some themes transfer pretty easily but ones done with some of those composers...really will not do well. It's like starting from scratch all over again.
Better to set up a sub folder and create in it and then transfer to your root after you are done.