Vitamin D?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
So, I've been taking Vit D for about a month because my dr says I need it. Lots of research also says anyone who lives where I do could stand outside naked for 6 hours and not get enough Vit D at this time of year. A lot of attention, but not enough Vit D.
wink_smile.gif

So, since I've been taking it I find I'm happier. Is that for real or because I know it's a supposed 'side effect' of getting enough Vit D? Of course, does that even matter? If I'm convinced I'm happier, what difference does it make why?
Anyone else taking supplements and think they're happier because of them? Happier, more energy.

That is so weird that you bring that up...just had a guest tell me a couple of days ago to take Vitamin D. She says it keeps her family healthier AND happier. They get far fewer colds, etc., and have a "greater sense of wellbeing".

That is so weird that you bring that up...just had a guest tell me a couple of days ago to take Vitamin D. She says it keeps her family healthier AND happier. They get far fewer colds, etc., and have a "greater sense of wellbeing"..
Yeah, you live in the 'wrong' place, too. Not enough daylight, sun's not strong enough, etc.
Well, there you go, another testimonial to the effects of Vit D!

I started taking 2000mg Vitamin D twice a day about a year ago. Wow, what a difference. Especially in winter.
And no, I don't think you're imagining it. I know when I've forgotten my Vitamin D because my energy (and mood) drops. It really works for me.

I started taking 2000mg Vitamin D twice a day about a year ago. Wow, what a difference. Especially in winter.
And no, I don't think you're imagining it. I know when I've forgotten my Vitamin D because my energy (and mood) drops. It really works for me..
Innkeeper To Go said:
And no, I don't think you're imagining it. I know when I've forgotten my Vitamin D because my energy (and mood) drops. It really works for me.
2000? Wow!

And no, I don't think you're imagining it. I know when I've forgotten my Vitamin D because my energy (and mood) drops. It really works for me..
Innkeeper To Go said:
2000? Wow!
Yep. But I probably need much more than you do.

Innkeeper To Go said:
2000? Wow!
Innkeeper To Go said:
OK, I'll bite. Why? (If there's a medical reason, no need to share.)

I'm convinced my husband needs it, and lots. He's been taking it every day this winter, and it sure hasn't hurt any.
=)
Kk.

I have been taking it too but I haven't noticed any differences whatso ever. Oh well.

I have been taking it too but I haven't noticed any differences whatso ever. Oh well..
Funny thing...I wasn't expecting to be able to 'feel' a difference when I was told to take something for cholesterol, but I actually started to feel different after a month or so. I asked Gomez if he had noticed that and he said he did, too. It's a tough one to explain, but I felt 'unclogged.'

I have been taking it too but I haven't noticed any differences whatso ever. Oh well..
Funny thing...I wasn't expecting to be able to 'feel' a difference when I was told to take something for cholesterol, but I actually started to feel different after a month or so. I asked Gomez if he had noticed that and he said he did, too. It's a tough one to explain, but I felt 'unclogged.'
If you don't mind my asking, what product are you using for cholesterol? I have tried a few but was unsatisfied with the results. Vitamin D is on my shopping list now.

We have been taking Vit D & Omega 3 Fish Oil along with our regular Vitamin..which also has D and Calcium which also has Vit D for over a year now. I know it probably amounts to more than the requirement..but none of it makes me feel any different than I did before. I will have my annual blood work done shortly so we'll see if it shows up there. ALong with a 15 pound weight loss, eating oatmeal almost every day, and more exercising since this shoulder surgery I am curious to see if I have gotten my 220 cholesterol level down any.

We have been taking Vit D & Omega 3 Fish Oil along with our regular Vitamin..which also has D and Calcium which also has Vit D for over a year now. I know it probably amounts to more than the requirement..but none of it makes me feel any different than I did before. I will have my annual blood work done shortly so we'll see if it shows up there. ALong with a 15 pound weight loss, eating oatmeal almost every day, and more exercising since this shoulder surgery I am curious to see if I have gotten my 220 cholesterol level down any.
Congrats on doing all the right things and at least seeing some results! Maybe the blood work will show a change even tho you're not feeling it.

Innkeeper To Go said:
2000? Wow!
Innkeeper To Go said:
OK, I'll bite. Why? (If there's a medical reason, no need to share.)
Yes, for me there's a medical reason. So while I think most Americans are Vitamin-D deficient, I don't think most of them need as much D as I do.

How long does it take to feel the positive effects of Vite D supplimentation?.
The Farmers Daughter said:
How long does it take to feel the positive effects of Vite D supplimentation?
Weeks. Like 1-2, not 4-5!
Yes, when I firsted started Vit-D, it took me about 2 weeks to feel the difference. It's a subtle difference but once my body adjusted to having all the D it needed, now it takes very little time for me to notice if I don't have it.

Back