W.Va. B&Bs offer unique traveler experiences

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
This is a Press release, I do not have a link, I am posting it in here, if there is any problem with that, please let me know.
W.Va. B&Bs offer unique traveler experiences
CHARLESTON, W.Va. – Fresh from a successful 2010 promotional campaign, the West Virginia Bed and Breakfast Association is gearing up for another season of welcoming tourists to experience their quality accommodations.
The WVBBA consists of 53 members throughout the Mountain State. Formerly the Mountain State Association of Bed and Breakfasts, the group changed its name last year in an effort to make it easier for travelers to locate them on the web.
“We are members and friends, working together to welcome guests into our B&Bs, serve them, and make them comfortable enough to feel at home,” said Joanna Reeves, owner of A Natures Song Bed and Breakfast in Mannington and president of the WVBBA.
The WVBBA’s newest cookbook, “Inn Our West Virginia Kitchens,” has arrived and is available for sale on the group’s website, www.wvbba.com. The website was upgraded recently via a grant from the West Virginia Division of Tourism.
Reeves said the organization is immensely proud of a program started by one of its members that took the nation by storm in 2010. The B&Bs for Vets program began in 2008 at Gillum House Bed and Breakfast in Shinnston when the inn offered free lodging to members of the military in observance of Veterans Day. In 2009, nine other B&Bs joined the effort, making a total of 23 rooms available to veterans.
“In 2010, we decided to take it nationwide,” said Kathleen Panek of Gillum House and the WVBBA. With assistance from Joe Stevens of the Media Center, Panek set to work. She contacted the CEO of Professional Association of Innkeepers International (PAII), then sent e-mails to state and regional associations.
The Cody Country Bed and Breakfast Association in Cody, Wyo., was the first to join. Since then, the program has expanded to include 49 states, eight international locations and about 900 inns. Information about the program is available at www.bnbsforvets.org. The B&Bs for Vets program will continue in 2011 under the auspices of PAII.
In 2011, in recognition of the 150th anniversary of the start of the Civil War, the WVBBA is working on a Civil War Passport for history-loving travelers. More information on the passport will be revealed in the coming months as plans are finalized.
Bed-and-breakfast accommodations range from quaint log cabins and restored farmhouses, to classic mansions and historic inns. Each West Virginia Bed and Breakfast Association member warmly welcomes visitors to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy their distinctive quality accommodations.
“There is a ‘Better Way to Stay’ when visiting West Virginia. Try a B&B; you will be happy you did,” Reeves said.
For a listing of West Virginia bed and breakfasts as well as special packages on lodging, visit www.wvbba.com. For more information about events and activities in West Virginia, call 1 800 CALL WVA or visit www.wvtourism.com.
gov-bb020711.jpg

Left to right: Larry Garretson: Marketing Chair, Kathleen Panek: Legislative Chair, WV Governor Earl Ray Tomblin, Joanna Reeves: President of WVBBA, and Susan Church: Secetary of WVBBA

Wow! Great photo Kathleen!!!!! You go, girl!
RIki.
My daughter is ticked about the apron when everyone else is dressed up. It was Tourism Day and I always wear my "uniform" to BRAND us as a B & B. I thought about wearing "civvies" but then I could be anyone. I never even thought about the apron to take it off.... DUH!

You look awsome-maybe someday we can get back to our state which we love-and re-open. Congrats, WV always did do good on tourism but I guess with the Boy Scouts in our area (Fayeteville) we are now all GUNGHO for it.

Good for you being organised is the way forward and I know how difficult it is to get B&B people organised!

RIki.
My daughter is ticked about the apron when everyone else is dressed up. It was Tourism Day and I always wear my "uniform" to BRAND us as a B & B. I thought about wearing "civvies" but then I could be anyone. I never even thought about the apron to take it off.... DUH!
Baby - you look AWESOME. I love the apron. It's smart, professional, approachable and tells everyone you do what you do and you mean what you do. I wouldn't change a thing (except the pleasure of meeting you in person).

RIki.
gillumhouse said:
Honestly, I think the apron MAKES it!
Good for you !!! :)

Back