Wacky Webervations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pollyanna

Reaction score
Can't log into Webervations this AM because of a very glitchy new security feature. They are asking for answers to 3 questions to verify the user. First two questions are from Webervations and in my case they are the same two questions. Then you make up a third question and answer. Tried to complete this 3 times and each time it just takes you back to the screen as if you have done nothing. SO frustrating! Webervations, fix your glitch, and BTW, this is an unneeded and tremendously unwanted "improvement."

I'm not on Webervations, but you might want to try this...use a different web browser and see if it goes thru. When I have problems with some programs, I switch back and forth between IE and Firefox until I find the one that works. Usually it is IE that works.

I'm not on Webervations, but you might want to try this...use a different web browser and see if it goes thru. When I have problems with some programs, I switch back and forth between IE and Firefox until I find the one that works. Usually it is IE that works..
Good tip. Tried it but no go. I usually use Firefox but tried Safari with no better results. Tried to call them but they're busy so maybe they're flooded with people having problems. Or they're just understaffed, you never know! I'll try again later today.

Okay, just figured it out and now I feel like a doofus! The two security questions were the same because you have to scroll down and select a different one for the second question. Once I did this, I was able to get through to my account. I still think adding another layer is not fun, but maybe there was some need for this. I apologize for bothering the group with this easily fixable problem. Now if only all my other problems would be so cooperative......

Okay, just figured it out and now I feel like a doofus! The two security questions were the same because you have to scroll down and select a different one for the second question. Once I did this, I was able to get through to my account. I still think adding another layer is not fun, but maybe there was some need for this. I apologize for bothering the group with this easily fixable problem. Now if only all my other problems would be so cooperative.......
All that matters is that you got through. I hope you were able to do or get what you needed..........

Okay, just figured it out and now I feel like a doofus! The two security questions were the same because you have to scroll down and select a different one for the second question. Once I did this, I was able to get through to my account. I still think adding another layer is not fun, but maybe there was some need for this. I apologize for bothering the group with this easily fixable problem. Now if only all my other problems would be so cooperative.......
All that matters is that you got through. I hope you were able to do or get what you needed..........
Actually just got a returned call from Adam at Webervations saying that they're going to take this off for now as most people are not able to get through after completing the form, and sure enough, I could not get far on my account either. So, hopefully the new feature will be removed soon and we can get back to using our Webervations.

I just took a look at my friends....I was just going to post...just follow the directions
embaressed_smile.gif
But guess you figured it out. :)

Well they did remove his as of now anyway. The announcement is still up. This is no different than what banks and credit card companies do for online banking. I sign of the times and them trying to protect our data.

Well they did remove his as of now anyway. The announcement is still up. This is no different than what banks and credit card companies do for online banking. I sign of the times and them trying to protect our data..
Yes, I figure that is what they are doing. When I log into my bank account from a different computer it will make me enter those additional answers to confirm it is me and that I should be accessing the account from that computer. I understand the use of it.. just nice if it works :)

I saw the notice about the new security feature, but it has yet to ask me the security questions. I can just log on like I always have.

Back