Waffle meltdown

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
First time ever all of the waffles after the first one totally stuck to the waffle iron (Waring Pro). Tried changing oils, tried adding oil to the batter, tried cleaning iron between breakfast seatings. Nothing worked. They tasted fine, but they were Frankenstein waffles by the time they were pried off!
Any ideas? Does it sound like the waffle iron is dying? Maybe heating up too much? I love this thing. It is the best waffle iron ever. But, if it's dying I'm not messing with it. I'll get a double waffler if this one goes kaput.

I just bought the double one a couple of months ago, (Sam's Club $70 something thanks to someone on this forum) LOVE IT
Yes sounds like you need a new one ...

No Sam's Club here in Canada... they ran from the country when they were beaten by Costco and Loblaw's. I ordered my double waffle maker from JCP and used one of the online coupons. (Yes, JCP delivers to Canada) They even have a "Cooks" brand for $50, but I went for the Waring for $100 minus the 20% online code.

I would give it another try after cleaning it thoroughly. I would make a small batch of fresh batter and give it a test run not duing prime time. I have had problems when I missed something in the batter..... worth a check to be sure it is time to shop.

If it's clean and oiled, there are two things I can think of that would cause the promblem. One, the heating element is going. If the iron is not hot enough when the batter is meets it, the batter will stick as it cooks. Two, too much sugar in the batter or it was added after the dry and liquid ingredients were already mixed. Sugar sticks.
Let us know what happens after a good cleaning and another batch of batter!

My Waring waffle make died one morning in the middle of breakfast. Everything collapsed...the screws holding the waffle grids to the stainless steel part all came out and the wires were dangeling. I'm not sure what happend but I think it got too hot and melted. I've never had the problem with them sticking though. Took it back to Bed Bath and Beyond two years after buying it and they gave me a new one free of charge.

be careful when you clean the waffle maker.
i had two that i used at the same time ... waring pro ... they were working great but looked disgusting. i cleaned whatever it was that made them almost non stick right off them and had to buy two new ones.
sad_smile.gif

My Waring waffle make died one morning in the middle of breakfast. Everything collapsed...the screws holding the waffle grids to the stainless steel part all came out and the wires were dangeling. I'm not sure what happend but I think it got too hot and melted. I've never had the problem with them sticking though. Took it back to Bed Bath and Beyond two years after buying it and they gave me a new one free of charge..
Gosh you are lucky they gave you a new one. Don't know what the normal warranty is. But....I would guess that if they knew you were using it for B & B business they might now have been so quick to replace. Just assuming here
embaressed_smile.gif
...you never know.

My Waring waffle make died one morning in the middle of breakfast. Everything collapsed...the screws holding the waffle grids to the stainless steel part all came out and the wires were dangeling. I'm not sure what happend but I think it got too hot and melted. I've never had the problem with them sticking though. Took it back to Bed Bath and Beyond two years after buying it and they gave me a new one free of charge..
Gosh you are lucky they gave you a new one. Don't know what the normal warranty is. But....I would guess that if they knew you were using it for B & B business they might now have been so quick to replace. Just assuming here
embaressed_smile.gif
...you never know.
catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
...you never know.
Bed Bath and Beyond told me I could bring back anything that I purchased from them that wore out or broke. Even things like irons. I've never had any other store do this but I did tell them I was a bed and breakfast but they didn't seem to care. They gave me a new one anyways!

embaressed_smile.gif
...you never know.
catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
...you never know.
Bed Bath and Beyond told me I could bring back anything that I purchased from them that wore out or broke. Even things like irons. I've never had any other store do this but I did tell them I was a bed and breakfast but they didn't seem to care. They gave me a new one anyways!
WOW ..that is great. I may shop there more often :)

Back