waffles

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flower

Reaction score
I have seen pictures of waffles that are very small and round. Do any of you know what company makes such a machine. I think they are rather cute! I know it is not the correct call for waffles . But! I really like the looks of them on the plates. I have looked for them around here but no luck in finding it. . These look like they are about 3 to 4 inches across. My machine make large waffles.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam-CKSBWFMW30-Mini-Waffle-Maker/dp/B005N5GIAI
There is also this pan which basically makes pancakes that look like waffles on one side. http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Silver-Dollar-Griddle/dp/B001TRDPVE

There is also this pan which basically makes pancakes that look like waffles on one side. http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Silver-Dollar-Griddle/dp/B001TRDPVE.
Thank you But tryed it . Found they were to thin. I am looking for the ones that look like the thick belgium waffles only they are small..
Speaking of belgium . I email a friend over there and she sent me one of the recipes for the spices used in Speckalus. She told me ,it all is a diffrent blend depending where you are from. Also so does the cookie it self as some a big cookies and some are small formed ones. Her's are more like our short bread texture.. In the northern end they are very big cookies and many nutmeg and cin spices in them. But where you visited I have the mixture of spices if you still would like the recipe?

Just thought I would ask... Are they the belg waffles that divide up into smaller pieces? And or don't fill them up all the way.
http://tammycirceo.typepad.com/tammy_circeo_musings_on_l/2010/07/gaufres.html
https://www.google.com/search?q=belgian+waffles+smaller&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=DM_dUZe-JMOdyQH9kIGYCw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=768&bih=928#biv=i%7C20%3Bd%7CQMJ2suWgdLymbM%3A

There is also this pan which basically makes pancakes that look like waffles on one side. http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Silver-Dollar-Griddle/dp/B001TRDPVE.
Thank you But tryed it . Found they were to thin. I am looking for the ones that look like the thick belgium waffles only they are small..
Speaking of belgium . I email a friend over there and she sent me one of the recipes for the spices used in Speckalus. She told me ,it all is a diffrent blend depending where you are from. Also so does the cookie it self as some a big cookies and some are small formed ones. Her's are more like our short bread texture.. In the northern end they are very big cookies and many nutmeg and cin spices in them. But where you visited I have the mixture of spices if you still would like the recipe?
I have many different spice blend recipes. The problem is that I wanted one of the commercial mixes that are usually used to produce the cookies. I managed to get one when I was in Belgium. I don't want to make the cookies, because what I make is GF and the cookies aren't generally. But with the spice mix, I can produce a buttercream, which is what I wanted to do. I'm happy about it.
The cookie is usually shaped like a windmill. You can images of them in Google Images when looking up SPECULAASJES

Just thought I would ask... Are they the belg waffles that divide up into smaller pieces? And or don't fill them up all the way.
https://www.google.com/search?q=belgian+waffles+smaller&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=DM_dUZe-JMOdyQH9kIGYCw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=768&bih=928#biv=i%7C20%3Bd%7CQMJ2suWgdLymbM%3A.
aww yes those true belgium Gaufres. Are oh so good. I love Liege gaufres. Miss them alot. Have a chap that comes to our market and makes them >>>BUt it not the same. I think it may have some thing to do with our flour or just maybe our yeast?
But I was just going to make the North American belgium waffles in small size . Then could put 3 on a plate with different toppings. Thank you so much for the help !

I have many different spice blend recipes. The problem is that I wanted one of the commercial mixes that are usually used to produce the cookies. I managed to get one when I was in Belgium. I don't want to make the cookies, because what I make is GF and the cookies aren't generally. But with the spice mix, I can produce a buttercream, which is what I wanted to do. I'm happy about it.
The cookie is usually shaped like a windmill. You can images of them in Google Images when looking up SPECULAASJES
The cookie I knew were not shaped like windmill as they were from the Dutch side Our area had finger type shape.
I am glad all has worked out for you. Because keeping in touch with our friend was a neat . It was a fair length of time had passed and we had not chatted . So it gave me a good excuse to email her. So for that I thank you. Sorry I could not of helped you more.

The cookie I knew were not shaped like windmill as they were from the Dutch side Our area had finger type shape.
I am glad all has worked out for you. Because keeping in touch with our friend was a neat . It was a fair length of time had passed and we had not chatted . So it gave me a good excuse to email her. So for that I thank you. Sorry I could not of helped you more.
Not a worry at all. I'm a bit pedantic when it comes to this and I wanted these confections to remain GF. In fact, we are constantly having the discussion about them also being vegetarian, because I have proposed making one that has bacon and then I would have to worry about guests who are vegetarian. The intent is to have fewer worries. Right now they have dairy, egg and nuts, but are GF and vegetarian.

https://www.google.com/search?q=belgian+waffles+smaller&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=DM_dUZe-JMOdyQH9kIGYCw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=768&bih=928#biv=i%7C20%3Bd%7CQMJ2suWgdLymbM%3A.
aww yes those true belgium Gaufres. Are oh so good. I love Liege gaufres. Miss them alot. Have a chap that comes to our market and makes them >>>BUt it not the same. I think it may have some thing to do with our flour or just maybe our yeast?
But I was just going to make the North American belgium waffles in small size . Then could put 3 on a plate with different toppings. Thank you so much for the help !
We use the large waffle maker and cut the waffles along the 'dotted line' and serve them in a stack. Might go faster for you than having to make 3 separate waffles for each person.
I know my grandmother said the difference in making things here vs 'the old country' was the flour, water and milk. It isn't the same here as it was there. She said the bread just never came out the way she wanted it to.

Not a worry at all. I'm a bit pedantic when it comes to this and I wanted these confections to remain GF. In fact, we are constantly having the discussion about them also being vegetarian, because I have proposed making one that has bacon and then I would have to worry about guests who are vegetarian. The intent is to have fewer worries. Right now they have dairy, egg and nuts, but are GF and vegetarian.
wow ! That is a bit of a hand full. No kidding aside I am glad it is you and not me! When it comes to many restrictions I find I get stressed,and worry a lot with the what if's!??
I wish you much luck and joy when you find thee right combination.

Hard to find in stock, but here's what you want: 3-mini waffle maker..
http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Planet-MWM-1-Belgain-Waffle/dp/B004XXPTQ0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_k_3
Yes that is it! thank you
heart.gif

Villa Ware I think that one sounds like it is a better fit. I see if I can find it now. If not I will keep checking back

We do as Madeleine and cut them in fours along the lines. Then we stack three diagonally and add other things on the plate. We wanted to include eggs & a meat, because I know I can't function from just a carb waffle for breakfast. I need protein. So, three waffles serves 4 people. Goes a little farther.

We do as Madeleine and cut them in fours along the lines. Then we stack three diagonally and add other things on the plate. We wanted to include eggs & a meat, because I know I can't function from just a carb waffle for breakfast. I need protein. So, three waffles serves 4 people. Goes a little farther..
Boy do I love me a carb breakfast! When we have pancakes or FT here I am in heaven.
There are a couple of places in town where it's 'all you can eat' and they offer 3-4 different entrees each morning. And guests order all of them. Which always makes me think we're not serving enough food even tho we fill a 12" dinner plate!
This is AFTER you've been offered muffins and fruit and something else I'm drawing a blank on.

We do as Madeleine and cut them in fours along the lines. Then we stack three diagonally and add other things on the plate. We wanted to include eggs & a meat, because I know I can't function from just a carb waffle for breakfast. I need protein. So, three waffles serves 4 people. Goes a little farther..
Boy do I love me a carb breakfast! When we have pancakes or FT here I am in heaven.
There are a couple of places in town where it's 'all you can eat' and they offer 3-4 different entrees each morning. And guests order all of them. Which always makes me think we're not serving enough food even tho we fill a 12" dinner plate!
This is AFTER you've been offered muffins and fruit and something else I'm drawing a blank on.
Yeah, but how much of it is crap food? Food that is cheap to produce, burns fast but has no nutrition whatsoever. Food that has salt as it's main taste with artificial flavours.
It always amazes me how much crap food people will eat. To me, pasta is just crap food. It's super cheap to produce, super filling too. Body burns it like pure sugar, so it gives you that instant "high" and yet it's got almost no nutrition at all. Same with that fluffy white bread.

Yeah, but how much of it is crap food? Food that is cheap to produce, burns fast but has no nutrition whatsoever. Food that has salt as it's main taste with artificial flavours.
It always amazes me how much crap food people will eat. To me, pasta is just crap food. It's super cheap to produce, super filling too. Body burns it like pure sugar, so it gives you that instant "high" and yet it's got almost no nutrition at all. Same with that fluffy white bread.
Serious junk food. Croissants, pancakes, french toast made with white bread. Love it all.
Had a guest here once who didn't touch her food at all. She never mentioned food restrictions but everything on her plate was something she would not eat. She wouldn't touch the panna cotta - milk product. Wouldn't eat the sausage - greasy pork product. Wouldn't eat the FT - white bread product. I think she ate the fruit.
I feel really sorry for guests who can't let go of their food issues for a moment. Geez louise, just stay home. Or go to the diner and order what you want. (Not talking about people with food allergies, just food nazis.)

Serious junk food. Croissants, pancakes, french toast made with white bread. Love it all.
Had a guest here once who didn't touch her food at all. She never mentioned food restrictions but everything on her plate was something she would not eat. She wouldn't touch the panna cotta - milk product. Wouldn't eat the sausage - greasy pork product. Wouldn't eat the FT - white bread product. I think she ate the fruit.
I feel really sorry for guests who can't let go of their food issues for a moment. Geez louise, just stay home. Or go to the diner and order what you want. (Not talking about people with food allergies, just food nazis.)
Yeah, but take my word for it that the food you are serving is way above the commercial crap that any AYCE place will likely have. They have no labelling laws, so the FT is made with egg product or worse, powdered eggs, artificial maple flavour and likely some sort of HFCS syrup. That pork sausage is likely made at a third grade processor and filled with all kinds of fillers to make the target price. It all has a shelf life just shy of the apocalypse or some of it likely beyond.
What you make in FT likely has nothing artificial, used real eggs, milk or cream and store bought bread. You know the reason that you can't produce a perfect fast food burger at home? Because we can't get ground dairy cow, artificial flavours, we automatically use real onion instead of dehydrated onions that we resuscitate in water, etc.
But yes, I do agree that we sometimes have people who forget that they are on vacation. It's one thing when you have an allergy or intolerance. It's entirely another when you go ahead and book a lovely B&B and then forget the what makes it all worth it is breakfast.

Oh, don't get me wrong - I LOVE carbs! My hips love carbs! My A** loves carbs!
Whenever we make waffles, there's always extra better - my treat. I'm the only one in the house that gets chocolate chips in their waffle. I wish I had never tried that. Uh-mayz-ing!
But, I end up hungry again within an hour or so. Seems like such a disappointing waste of calories (not that it stops me). So I try to always get some protein with it somehow otherwise I'm eating another meal in no time.

Yeah, but take my word for it that the food you are serving is way above the commercial crap that any AYCE place will likely have. They have no labelling laws, so the FT is made with egg product or worse, powdered eggs, artificial maple flavour and likely some sort of HFCS syrup. That pork sausage is likely made at a third grade processor and filled with all kinds of fillers to make the target price. It all has a shelf life just shy of the apocalypse or some of it likely beyond.
What you make in FT likely has nothing artificial, used real eggs, milk or cream and store bought bread. You know the reason that you can't produce a perfect fast food burger at home? Because we can't get ground dairy cow, artificial flavours, we automatically use real onion instead of dehydrated onions that we resuscitate in water, etc.
But yes, I do agree that we sometimes have people who forget that they are on vacation. It's one thing when you have an allergy or intolerance. It's entirely another when you go ahead and book a lovely B&B and then forget the what makes it all worth it is breakfast.
I get so many guests with astonishment in their voice ask "you make this"? Uhhhh....yeahhhh...all this stuff is homemade. I really think that most people eat so much processed foods, that homemade is a delicacy anymore!

Back