Wait List Request

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
Now that ResKey has a 'wait list request', I'm getting a ton of them. Most want days that there is no way there will be an opening/cancellation.
My question is, should we be responding back to these requests? Even just to say, thank you for your interest? I really don't want to, but I also don't want to seem rude by ignoring them.
Any thoughts?

I would with a - would you like to be on our mailing list for special offers etc? - or facebook page etc

We receive a ton of these! You can customize the page to say something nice when they fill it out! I would personally not take the time to call or email each one! They are simply adding their name to a list. Just say something nice in the field when they fill out the request! After all they will not call or let you know when they book another property! Keep it simple! You have enough things to do during the day than to send each one a message! That said, this is just my opinion!

Not sure how that works exactly but if the guest gets some sort of auto reply email from submitting that request, you can have the email say something along the lines of:
Thank you for your interest in staying at.... If we have a cancellation we will give you a call. Otherwise you will not hear from us. Other dates are available if your plans are flexible. Thank you!

I think the best place to put this info is in the "No Availablilty" message in ResKey
Website Tab
Website Messages
Edit No Availability message, which by default says "try searching a date a little earlier or a little later" and make it also explain that they can submit the waiting list request below and they'll hear from you if, and only if, an opening becomes available on the requested dates.

What irritates me is when people ask to be placed on a waiting list when the date is open. Just book already!

Back