Waiting List Request

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Another reason for using ReservationKey!! I woke up this morning to a Waiting List Request in my inbox. This is the second time I have received one of these. It is WONDERFUL!
The first one, I had blocked the rooms because I am going to a wedding. And it was for 1 night, the day I leave and she was a repeat guest - so I took the rez and will leave a breakfast DH can cook & serve. I already have the check for payment as I told her DH cannot work the cc machine.
RezKey will not take same day reservations (thank goodness) and the one that was made at 4 AM this morning is coming for a funeral taking place tomorrow - the lady who wrote the History of the City of Shinnston died and she liked me because I sold ALL the books she had left in her basement - and they will be staying tonight. 2 rooms!! Even at bereavement rate, the checking account thanks them. See why I LOVE RezKey!!!!

I have had many Wait List requests since switching to Rez Key in Feb. I do not recall ever getting one with my last booking system. Kudos to the folks at Rez Key, they are thinking of everything!

The ingenuiity of the wait list with rezkey is this: If the dates are booked solid, the wait list comes on the screen to the person inquiring. So they can simply fill it in, they don't need to call, they don't need to search for a wait list form, or find an email address and email and ask, it is all there, prefilled with the dates.
It is also an inrquiry form, so if someone has an inquiry while they are looking they can shoot you off a quick email. There had been some glitches in it, so I removed it but will add it back again. I don't know of any other online systems that have an email form right there as you are booking...you have to find the email to email the inn typically.

Just to clarify something Guillum said, ResKey will take same day bookings if you have it set up to do that. You also have the choice of not allowing same day bookings.

Just to clarify something Guillum said, ResKey will take same day bookings if you have it set up to do that. You also have the choice of not allowing same day bookings..
I was not aware of that, but I do not want same day anyway. If I have gone fishin' or doing errands, I do not want a surprise of people on the doorstep fuming because they cannot get in and their room is not ready. So that aspect should be considered if allowing same day.

Just to clarify something Guillum said, ResKey will take same day bookings if you have it set up to do that. You also have the choice of not allowing same day bookings..
Breakfast Diva said:
Just to clarify something Guillum said, ResKey will take same day bookings if you have it set up to do that. You also have the choice of not allowing same day bookings.
Yes, and you can have it set for 24 hours out or "CURRENT DAY" out if you wish, they can book 11pm the night prior (which is less than 24 hours).

Breakfast Diva said:
That is one item I would like him to fine tune. On webervations 2 I could set an actual time, like no res for today after 8:00 a.m. I wish ResKey would do even none for today after midnight. It seems like the current setting is you can't make a res for tomorrow, which works out to a 24 to 48 hour freeze - not the best option for me. But I also don't want to be out somewhere and have someone show up on my doorstep having just made a res. I haven't messed with it much so maybe I just haven't hit the right setting, yet...

Breakfast Diva said:
That is one item I would like him to fine tune. On webervations 2 I could set an actual time, like no res for today after 8:00 a.m. I wish ResKey would do even none for today after midnight. It seems like the current setting is you can't make a res for tomorrow, which works out to a 24 to 48 hour freeze - not the best option for me. But I also don't want to be out somewhere and have someone show up on my doorstep having just made a res. I haven't messed with it much so maybe I just haven't hit the right setting, yet...
muirford said:
Breakfast Diva said:
I stand corrected - I just tried what JB indicated and that works the way I want it to, pretty much. Maybe he's changed that since I converted - or maybe I never tried it correctly. I did ask him for that change, though.

Breakfast Diva said:
muirford said:
Breakfast Diva said:
I stand corrected - I just tried what JB indicated and that works the way I want it to, pretty much. Maybe he's changed that since I converted - or maybe I never tried it correctly. I did ask him for that change, though.
It is a good tool especially if you had a last minute cancellation or room open up, you can make it avail online - you know you will have a full house, so it won't be a big surprise, and they won't be there showing up unannounced, so I like this feature alot. (in ref to Muirfords comment).

I don't have much history to go on, but so far I've had 2 waiting list requests that ended up with an availability, and in both cases I wrote them to let them know of availability and never heard back. Either my message went to a junk mail box, or they'd already booked somewhere else.
Oh well, just bad luck. It's still a great ResKey feature that at least gave me a chance of booking the vacancy.
BTW, my 3-month-old guesthouse is already paying all its expenses (utilities, insurance, supplies, etc.) except mortgage. It will eventually pay at least a good portion of that. So I'm happy, but could be happier! :)

I don't have much history to go on, but so far I've had 2 waiting list requests that ended up with an availability, and in both cases I wrote them to let them know of availability and never heard back. Either my message went to a junk mail box, or they'd already booked somewhere else.
Oh well, just bad luck. It's still a great ResKey feature that at least gave me a chance of booking the vacancy.
BTW, my 3-month-old guesthouse is already paying all its expenses (utilities, insurance, supplies, etc.) except mortgage. It will eventually pay at least a good portion of that. So I'm happy, but could be happier! :).
When I get a waiting lit request I call them. I do not e-mail. So far I have been able to take all of my waiting list erquests except one - and I really was full with that one. But I called to try to help them find another place.

BTW, my 3-month-old guesthouse is already paying all its expenses (utilities, insurance, supplies, etc.) except mortgage. It will eventually pay at least a good portion of that. So I'm happy, but could be happier! :).
Arkansawyer said:
This happens to me whether it is a Reskey waiting list request or one generated from a phone call. Usually the folks have made other arrangements.

Often, I find that when I receive a wait list request from ResKey, the guest has done their search with the dates instead of the calendar view. If I catch it quick enough, I can let them know that we will room hop them (only if the same room is not available for all their nights), and we can still get the reservation from them.

I have had many Wait List requests since switching to Rez Key in Feb. I do not recall ever getting one with my last booking system. Kudos to the folks at Rez Key, they are thinking of everything!.
copperhead said:
I have had many Wait List requests since switching to Rez Key in Feb. I do not recall ever getting one with my last booking system. Kudos to the folks at Rez Key, they are thinking of everything!
We have too had many requests with Reskey. I love this program, it has made my life amazingly pleasant.

Back