Walk in central

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
We've been grousing today about the lackluster week ahead. Got 2 walk-ins, one after the other. Hopefully that continues into the week!

The week after the week containing the 4th of July is often slow for us, too. Fortunately got a couple of "last minute" reservations, so we are full for the week! (But we may have a cancellation for next week.....the mom's health is apparently precarious.)

June was my "walk-in" month with people wanting weekly rates. No one in right now. One found a place to park her RV so her family joined her, one moved into sharing a room with anotherworker, and one couple I was able to find them somewhere else after 3 weeks (it was time for them to move on).

Has been a busy walk-in week for us too.
A lot of it was the heat wave. Had three people show up and stay with us just because we have air conditioning. After the first, I put a sign up outside that said "Yes! We have A/C" That brought in two more, including one who spent her first night an un-airconditioned AirBnB and then said "hell no."
Have another guest with me now who booked and Air and got there and it was a nightmare. Trying to figure out how to write a blog post without seeming anything but self-serving.

Back