Want to hear about RESNEXUS

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am doing some research this morning and I am passing along this link.
I hope I did it right
http://resnexus.com/pricing/comparison.html.
Comparison
[/td] RezOvation GT with Booking Engine[/h3][/td] Reservation Nexus
AutoPilot[/h3][/td] [/tr] Software
[/td] It is on your computer
[/td] It is on their computer
[/td] [/tr] Guarantee
[/td] 90-day money back guarantee.
[/td] ROI Guarantee
[/td] [/tr] Internet
[/td] You can use the system to conduct business but is not updated without connection to allow synchronization
[/td] You must have an internet connection
[/td] [/tr] Accessibility
[/td] Must be accessed using a licensed computer with the software installed
[/td] May be accessed by any computer with access to the internet
[/td] [/tr] Online Booking Engine with fully confirmed reservations, full deposit and payment processing
[/td] Yes. You can do this with either Authorize.net or QuickBooks
[/td]
Yes. You can do this with your existing credit card processor or Authorize.net
[/td] [/tr] Booking Engine interface is Seamless or Synchronized
[/td] Synchronized
[/td]
Seamless
[/td] [/tr] Web analytics
[/td] Yes with Google Analytics
[/td] Yes with Google Analytics
[/td] [/tr] Groups and Packages
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] [/tr] Email marketing options
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes ; limited
[/td] [/tr] Automatic reservation, birthday, anniversary, or event emails?
[/td] Yes
[/td]
Yes
[/td] [/tr] Booking Engine customization
[/td] 3 options
[/td]
One option
[/td] [/tr] Availability Calendar
[/td] Yes
[/td] Calendar and Booking Engine are same product
[/td] [/tr] Custom reporting
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] [/tr] Fully-automated backups
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] [/tr] Mobile version
[/td] Yes
[/td] No
[/td] [/tr] Database type
[/td] SQL 2005 / Access
[/td] Proprietary
[/td] [/tr] Pricing (4 room inn with 2 desktops and a laptop for travel)
[/td] $800
[/td] $850
[/td] [/tr] [/table]
I'm now using RezovationGT and this list looks accurate (on the left column anyway) with the exception of two entries. The connection to the booking engine is seamless in RezovationGT The only time it would not be seamless is if you are working on your computer and make a change but are not connected to the internet.. (something you couldn't even do with an entirely web based system like SuperInn or Resnexxus)
Also I don't think the price show is accurate but I guess it depends on how the setup with two desktop computers plus one laptop. There are expensive options for that and much less costly options.
Hey Swirt- thanks for looking that over. I am sure you have a far more objective angle than I have these days.
Yes- I think (not 100% sure) that the difference is that if you were offline, you could make changes to the system at the same time someone else was making a reservation and it has to synchronize those two. Probably a very rare situation. It has never happened to me.
Could you elaborate on the pricing? I took the yearly cost for each including the discounts for paying all at once. Could I be saving?
GT was $70 for the 3 computers minus a 5% discount for the pre-pay option and Nexus was $450 plus $400 for the classic and autopilot options if you pay all at once.
Seems to me there was a deal where you can get GT with the purchase of a year of the booking engine...but that may have only been a temporary thing ... or I may have imagined it, I'd have to go check.

I hope I did it right
I am not so good with the copy and paste, but I spent some time this morning looking at both programs. I use REZ GT and am considering RESNEX.
The cost is very similar and once you clear through all the hype, some things have become clearer. These are just my opinions.
Res Nexus looks better online. They have a better corporate attitude. They are growing and continue to update their product. It frees you from your personal computer.
Rez GT is more customizable. It is a product you can use on your own. The company is much larger. They have frequent updates.
What I do know is that my current situation with REZ GT is the not very good. What I wanted to do was to stay on the old plan that I signed up for and get occasional help on a per incident basis. When I tried to do that, it was a big mystery for us and the support folks.
We're leaning towards NEXUS. If we switch, I'll let you know how it goes.
It frees you from your personal computer.
This is true, and is both a blessing and a curse. Our opening weekend in 2003 was just before the big Northeast power outage. We had SuperInn which was all web based like Resnexus so we were pretty much cutoof and unprepared....after that we always made sure we had printouts of everything just in case.
In my experience with a variety of the systems, none are ideal. Its just a matter of finding the one that fits a given innkeeper's unique needs most.
We have been thinking about what is it comes down to is whether you can use the software, because it doesn't matter about the online action. If the power is out and there is no internet, neither system is updateable. When we have lost service (rare) RezGT is just as frustrating because you can't synchronize.

I hope I did it right
I am not so good with the copy and paste, but I spent some time this morning looking at both programs. I use REZ GT and am considering RESNEX.
The cost is very similar and once you clear through all the hype, some things have become clearer. These are just my opinions.
Res Nexus looks better online. They have a better corporate attitude. They are growing and continue to update their product. It frees you from your personal computer.
Rez GT is more customizable. It is a product you can use on your own. The company is much larger. They have frequent updates.
What I do know is that my current situation with REZ GT is the not very good. What I wanted to do was to stay on the old plan that I signed up for and get occasional help on a per incident basis. When I tried to do that, it was a big mystery for us and the support folks.
This is true, and is both a blessing and a curse. Our opening weekend in 2003 was just before the big Northeast power outage. We had SuperInn which was all web based like Resnexus so we were pretty much cutoof and unprepared....after that we always made sure we had printouts of everything just in case.
In my experience with a variety of the systems, none are ideal. Its just a matter of finding the one that fits a given innkeeper's unique needs most.
We have been thinking about what is it comes down to is whether you can use the software, because it doesn't matter about the online action. If the power is out and there is no internet, neither system is updateable. When we have lost service (rare) RezGT is just as frustrating because you can't synchronize.
When the power is out, I can always go to a nearby WiFi hotspot or the library for Internet access. Also, we're on cable for Internet so we don't always lose our Internet connection with loss of power & I use a laptop which has a battery. I personally really like the fact that my data is on a server elsewhere and it was a requirement for my dh who is in the tech field. I print out my availability chart periodically as it is updated and my reservations are printed out & filed by month. Just some thoughts....
Power outages are rare here though. :)

I hope I did it right
knkbnb said:
Hi knk,
I've seen a few of your comments - feel free to call me because I feel like you might have gotten some of the wrong messaging from support.
In terms of losing service - the whole idea behind GT is that if you do, you can still check guests in and out. That should not be affected because you cannot sychronize. If it is, then something is must not be right.

I hope I did it right
When the power is out, I can always go to a nearby WiFi hotspot or the library for Internet access. Also, we're on cable for Internet so we don't always lose our Internet connection with loss of power & I use a laptop which has a battery. I personally really like the fact that my data is on a server elsewhere and it was a requirement for my dh who is in the tech field. I print out my availability chart periodically as it is updated and my reservations are printed out & filed by month. Just some thoughts....
Do you have your cable modem on an external power supply? That only lasts for so long though.

I hope I did it right
knkbnb said:
Hi knk,
I've seen a few of your comments - feel free to call me because I feel like you might have gotten some of the wrong messaging from support.
In terms of losing service - the whole idea behind GT is that if you do, you can still check guests in and out. That should not be affected because you cannot sychronize. If it is, then something is must not be right.
Aloha John,
I tried to say that you can use the software but that you can not synchronize. The point of that is that it is overblowing things to make a big deal about it.
As I said, when we have lost internet, REZGT is just as frustrating because it can not synchronize. That has been my experience.
I have just come to feel you guys oversold me a product and underdelivered- the exact opposite of what builds customer loyalty and return guests.
SOME ADDED SPECULATION
I don't do the credit card processing on line, but I suppose that would be impacted as well, meaning I could only check a guest out if there were no changes, like a purchase of our local coffee.

I hope I did it right
Do you have your cable modem on an external power supply? That only lasts for so long though.
Yep, he has a big ol' battery thing in there. It's sufficient for the outages that we might get here. We're in the city :)

I hope I did it right
My daughter gave me a UPS for Mother's Day I think. It has saved my bacon sooooo many times. Not from big outages - we rarely get those, but from the blink that is just enough for the radio dials to flash and you to say Oh SH as the computer screen blinks and reboots - losing whatever it is that you have been working on. It was one of the nicest presents - and most useful - that she has ever given me. And it was affordable enough that even this cheapskate was about to go buy one!

I hope I did it right
knkbnb said:
Hi knk,
Aloha John,
I tried to say that you can use the software but that you can not synchronize. The point of that is that it is overblowing things to make a big deal about it.
As I said, when we have lost internet, REZGT is just as frustrating because it can not synchronize. That has been my experience.
I have just come to feel you guys oversold me a product and underdelivered- the exact opposite of what builds customer loyalty and return guests.
SOME ADDED SPECULATION
I don't do the credit card processing on line, but I suppose that would be impacted as well, meaning I could only check a guest out if there were no changes, like a purchase of our local coffee.
knkbnb said:
That's a good point, and I am not sure what happens with charge processing when the internet connection is down with RezovationGT. I'm not sure if it holds it until it can connect, or if you have to write it by hand to enter later.
Though in fairness if either our electric or our phone was out before, we couldn't run credit cards with our CC terminal either.

I hope I did it right
knkbnb said:
Hi knk,
Aloha John,
SOME ADDED SPECULATION
knkbnb said:
That's a good point, and I am not sure what happens with charge processing when the internet connection is down with RezovationGT. I'm not sure if it holds it until it can connect, or if you have to write it by hand to enter later.
Though in fairness if either our electric or our phone was out before, we couldn't run credit cards with our CC terminal either.
Absolutely true
I was just thinking of times when our internet was down.
It is rare to have a long electrical outage here, in which case I am certain our guests would be fine with whatever we worked out the old fashioned way.

I hope I did it right
knkbnb said:
Hi knk,
Aloha John,
SOME ADDED SPECULATION
knkbnb said:
Aloha John,
SOME ADDED SPECULATION
I'm sorry to hear that we oversold you - was there anything specific that you were told/promised that we didn't deliver? Our practice here is not to oversell the product, and our renewal rate on RezOvation products is virtually 100%.
Back in the old days the former management team promised the world to everyone - and we don't. We typically do not even release new product announcements until live and working (save for betas to certain test properties).

I hope I did it right
knkbnb said:
Hi knk,
Aloha John,
SOME ADDED SPECULATION
knkbnb said:
Aloha John,
SOME ADDED SPECULATION
I'm sorry to hear that we oversold you - was there anything specific that you were told/promised that we didn't deliver? Our practice here is not to oversell the product, and our renewal rate on RezOvation products is virtually 100%.
Back in the old days the former management team promised the world to everyone - and we don't. We typically do not even release new product announcements until live and working (save for betas to certain test properties).
Aloha John,
It is probably best to call us.
One thing you might consider as it relates to this topic is who do we call if we have no support. Who will help us disconnect from you for 60 days so we can try RESNEXUS? Who will make sure we can return safely and seamlessly if we find the grass wasn't greener? Will we have to pay for the time we are away?
I am getting ready to open a new topic that will give others some idea of what it is like if you decide to switch and those would be the questions I would ask you guys.

I hope I did it right
knkbnb said:
Hi knk,
Aloha John,
SOME ADDED SPECULATION
knkbnb said:
Haha! You high tech folks are so funny. We have a "klick klack" or Knucklebuster if we really need it for credit cards. It will take all the power I can give it.
teeth_smile.gif

I hope I did it right
knkbnb said:
Hi knk,
Aloha John,
SOME ADDED SPECULATION
knkbnb said:
Aloha John,
SOME ADDED SPECULATION
Aloha John,
One thing you might consider as it relates to this topic is who do we call if we have no support. Who will help us disconnect from you for 60 days so we can try RESNEXUS? Who will make sure we can return safely and seamlessly if we find the grass wasn't greener? Will we have to pay for the time we are away?
I am getting ready to open a new topic that will give others some idea of what it is like if you decide to switch and those would be the questions I would ask you guys.
knkbnb said:
Aloha John,
No, there would not be any charge while you are trying something else. We woud deactivate the system. You should be able to download all of your contacts from us to import into Resnexus btw - not sure if there is a fee from them, but you can get them out of our system. You can also put all of the rez into the system into a word table to make it easier to enter them into their system as well.
How does your schedule look today to talk?

I hope I did it right
knkbnb said:
Hi knk,
Aloha John,
SOME ADDED SPECULATION
knkbnb said:
Haha! You high tech folks are so funny. We have a "klick klack" or Knucklebuster if we really need it for credit cards. It will take all the power I can give it.
teeth_smile.gif

Too funny!
regular_smile.gif

This week has been extremely busy. I did not have a chance to answer your question. I have been on ResNexus for almost a year. I really like it. As all new things it did take sometime to master the Ins and Outs, but I like the convenience, and most of all the book keeping that is at my fingertips.
Yes there is a monthly charge that varies with the number of rooms and if you have bookings that month or not.
I have also asked that the booking system be made Blackberry Accessible. They are working on this fact. If you have other specific questions please ask..
1linda said:
Yes there is a monthly charge that varies with the number of rooms and if you have bookings that month or not.
I have also asked that the booking system be made Blackberry Accessible. They are working on this fact. If you have other specific questions please ask.
Does this mean that the more reservations you get online the more you pay? So it would be like a commission?
Thanks for your thoughts Linda. It's good to hearfrom someone who is using it and is happy.
it is just a flat fee based on how many rooms you have, no commissions. We are starting our trial tommorrow...I'll let you know how it goes.

This week has been extremely busy. I did not have a chance to answer your question. I have been on ResNexus for almost a year. I really like it. As all new things it did take sometime to master the Ins and Outs, but I like the convenience, and most of all the book keeping that is at my fingertips.
I have also asked that the booking system be made Blackberry Accessible. They are working on this fact. If you have other specific questions please ask..
1linda said:
I have also asked that the booking system be made Blackberry Accessible. They are working on this fact. If you have other specific questions please ask.
Does this mean that the more reservations you get online the more you pay? So it would be like a commission?
Thanks for your thoughts Linda. It's good to hearfrom someone who is using it and is happy.
No commission. The monthly amount is figured as to number of rooms. Goes up if you add a new room. Should you have no booking in a month, you will not pay the predetermined amount.

I hope I did it right
It is a LOT more than Webervations, but I like that they guarantee that if it does not produce you do not pay. I will be watching for your decision.
I liked the guarantee as well. I also like the fact that they take suggestions and work on them for future changes. My Family thought that Mom needed a Blackberry for Christmas, now I am free to check reservations, but Resnexus is not just right on my blackberry, so they are working on the configuration. I worried so much that reservations would double up, mistakes, etc. Soooooo far has not happened in almost a year.

Wir bieten schöne inoffizielle brautkleider, Knielange Brautkleider zu günstige Preisen online. Custom kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Brautkleid.brautmoden abendmoden brautmoden abendmodenWenn Sie geplant haben Sie Hochzeit auf einige weit weg Strände mit goldenem Sand und Wellen tanzen am Ufer brautmode brautmode, dann müssen Sie für die Kleider und kleidet die im Wesentlichen sind die wichtigsten Teil seines Strand themed Ziel Hochzeit vorzubereiten.
Für ein solches Thema gewählt müssten Sie ein Hochzeitskleid oder Hochzeit Kleidung sehr günstige abendkleider sehr günstige abendkleider, brautkleid in großen größen brautmode abendkleider brautkleider online shop brautkleider online shop die viel mehr in Richtung Casual ist - ein Ding, cocktailkleider online blumenkinderkleid abendmode onlineshop große größen brautkleider das nicht ganz formal. Strand Hochzeiten sind informelle Hochzeiten und damit immer höhere Anforderungen an Funktionalität als Mode in Kostümen.
brautkleid 34

I hope I did it right
Couldn't you use a SmartPhone to login to get around any kind of power outage until the power/ home system is available again? Assuming your phone is charged and outage doesn't last very long...

Back