Want to hear about RESNEXUS

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happykeeper

Reaction score
Aloha Folks,
I am a Rez GT user and I am considering switching to RESNEXUS. I would love to hear from anyone who uses it and what they think.

We just switched from Booking Center to ResNexus and we love it. One of my favorite features is that we get ONE person assigned to our account who we can call or email with questions anytime. The personal service is outstanding. The Auto-pilot feature is very useful, navigation is simple, and the reporting is much better than Booking Center. We also chose Nexus because it's much more asthetically appealing to the guest. All in all, I'd say it's absolutely worth it. And did you know there are no comissions? (!!) And they have a deal wherein, if you don't make back the cost of the system in one year in the form of the value of online bookings made online between 11pm and 8am, they give you a year of service FREE. wow.
Needless to say, we're VERY pleased with it.

Wow- thanks for the feedback on this. The two things that interest me the most are the ability to travel and access from anywhere (without a lot of technical wizardry- which can be tough for folks like me) and the individualized customer service.
Since our experiences have been very hit and miss with Rezovations, we ended up feeling like their worst customer. Worse, the point of contact for someone who doesn't churn out the lifetime service contract of $360.00 a year, even if they want to pay for one time help, is met with a request for your contract info or that you switch.
I looked at Booking Center and that was a no-go for sure. I am curious about the gaurantee thing.
Anyone else out there using ResNexus?

This week has been extremely busy. I did not have a chance to answer your question. I have been on ResNexus for almost a year. I really like it. As all new things it did take sometime to master the Ins and Outs, but I like the convenience, and most of all the book keeping that is at my fingertips.
Yes there is a monthly charge that varies with the number of rooms and if you have bookings that month or not.
I have also asked that the booking system be made Blackberry Accessible. They are working on this fact. If you have other specific questions please ask.

This week has been extremely busy. I did not have a chance to answer your question. I have been on ResNexus for almost a year. I really like it. As all new things it did take sometime to master the Ins and Outs, but I like the convenience, and most of all the book keeping that is at my fingertips.
Yes there is a monthly charge that varies with the number of rooms and if you have bookings that month or not.
I have also asked that the booking system be made Blackberry Accessible. They are working on this fact. If you have other specific questions please ask..
Thanks for more feedback on them. I haven't had a chance to check out the link I was given to compare them and sort through the propoganda, but we are taking a serious look at it.

I have also asked that the booking system be made Blackberry Accessible. They are working on this fact. If you have other specific questions please ask..
Thanks for more feedback on them. I haven't had a chance to check out the link I was given to compare them and sort through the propoganda, but we are taking a serious look at it.
One thing that I don't like about ResNex is the lack of an availability calendar for the guest. But that is probably just my preference as a traveler!

One thing that I don't like about ResNex is the lack of an availability calendar for the guest. But that is probably just my preference as a traveler!
On their website they show a sample that allows you to pick a date and then it shows the room availability for that date. Do you mean that you don't get an "at a glance" look at the availability for the whole month? I do like that feature. Any one using this program, is it an option?

Thank you for sharing Samster.
I like the availability calendar sometimes too. Is there anything else you have heard that would keep guests from using it?

I like the availability calendar sometimes too. Is there anything else you have heard that would keep guests from using it?
They are open to change and like to keep their clients happy. I have been asking about the configuration on Blackberry. I think they are working on that. They have come out with updates in the almost year that they have had it. I think if you have questions that you have you should contact them directly for an answer.

1linda said:
I have also asked that the booking system be made Blackberry Accessible. They are working on this fact. If you have other specific questions please ask.
Does this mean that the more reservations you get online the more you pay? So it would be like a commission?
Thanks for your thoughts Linda. It's good to hearfrom someone who is using it and is happy.

On their website they show a sample that allows you to pick a date and then it shows the room availability for that date. Do you mean that you don't get an "at a glance" look at the availability for the whole month? I do like that feature. Any one using this program, is it an option?
Yes, exactly....they don't have that "at a glance" feature which people (myself included) like if they have flexibility in travel dates. It is not an option and in the several times that I have spoken to them (they continue to try to woo me), it is not something that they are looking to change.
An innkeeper friend just started using their feature where you can charge people for their stay upfront through ResNex. They are really nice & willing to spend time talking to you. So, I think they're worth considering as an option. I think you should "test drive" some of these sytems and see what you're comfortable with. They're slightly more in price for me than SuperInn, which is what I currently use.

What I remember when I looked at Reznexus was that you can't set night minimums on individual rooms only on dates. Also if you have alot of rooms the guests have to scroll through each room to see what you have instead of a calender to see what is available. May not be as much of a problem with a small property. Please correct me if I am wrong it has been awhile since I took a look. I use SI, but it has its quirks/problems as well.

I am doing some research this morning and I am passing along this link.
I hope I did it right
http://resnexus.com/pricing/comparison.html

I hope I did it right
http://resnexus.com/pricing/comparison.html.
Comparison
[/td] RezOvation GT with Booking Engine[/h3][/td] Reservation Nexus
AutoPilot[/h3][/td] [/tr] Software
[/td] It is on your computer
[/td] It is on their computer
[/td] [/tr] Guarantee
[/td] 90-day money back guarantee.
[/td] ROI Guarantee
[/td] [/tr] Internet
[/td] You can use the system to conduct business but is not updated without connection to allow synchronization
[/td] You must have an internet connection
[/td] [/tr] Accessibility
[/td] Must be accessed using a licensed computer with the software installed
[/td] May be accessed by any computer with access to the internet
[/td] [/tr] Online Booking Engine with fully confirmed reservations, full deposit and payment processing
[/td] Yes. You can do this with either Authorize.net or QuickBooks
[/td]
Yes. You can do this with your existing credit card processor or Authorize.net
[/td] [/tr] Booking Engine interface is Seamless or Synchronized
[/td] Synchronized
[/td]
Seamless
[/td] [/tr] Web analytics
[/td] Yes with Google Analytics
[/td] [/tr] Groups and Packages
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] [/tr] Email marketing options
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes ; limited
[/td] [/tr] Automatic reservation, birthday, anniversary, or event emails?
[/td] Yes
[/td]
Yes
[/td] [/tr] Booking Engine customization
[/td] 3 options
[/td]
One option
[/td] [/tr] Availability Calendar
[/td] Yes
[/td] Calendar and Booking Engine are same product
[/td] [/tr] Custom reporting
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] [/tr] Fully-automated backups
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] [/tr] Mobile version
[/td] Yes
[/td] No
[/td] [/tr] Database type
[/td] SQL 2005 / Access
[/td] Proprietary
[/td] [/tr] Pricing (4 room inn with 2 desktops and a laptop for travel)
[/td] $800
[/td] $850
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

I hope I did it right
Thank you. I am going to be doing some looking - hard looking. As much as I like Webervations, I cringe thinking abour renewal prices..... It is the uncertainty that is so difficult. Tell us and get it over with - but as with everything with bandb it seems when they are ready to spring it they will and until then, just stew about it and chew on it (for us that is).

I hope I did it right
Comparison
[/td] [/tr] Guarantee
[/td] ROI Guarantee
[/td] [/tr] Internet
[/td] You can use the system to conduct business but is not updated without connection to allow synchronization
[/td] [/tr] Online Booking Engine with fully confirmed reservations, full deposit and payment processing
[/td]
[/td] Synchronized
[/td]
Seamless
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes ; limited
[/td] Yes
[/td]
Yes
[/td] 3 options
[/td]
One option
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] No
[/td] SQL 2005 / Access
[/td] Proprietary
[/td] $800
[/td] $850
[/td] [/tr] [/table]
I'm now using RezovationGT and this list looks accurate (on the left column anyway) with the exception of two entries. The connection to the booking engine is seamless in RezovationGT The only time it would not be seamless is if you are working on your computer and make a change but are not connected to the internet.. (something you couldn't even do with an entirely web based system like SuperInn or Resnexxus)
Also I don't think the price show is accurate but I guess it depends on how the setup with two desktop computers plus one laptop. There are expensive options for that and much less costly options.

I hope I did it right
I am not so good with the copy and paste, but I spent some time this morning looking at both programs. I use REZ GT and am considering RESNEX.
The cost is very similar and once you clear through all the hype, some things have become clearer. These are just my opinions.
Res Nexus looks better online. They have a better corporate attitude. They are growing and continue to update their product. It frees you from your personal computer.
Rez GT is more customizable. It is a product you can use on your own. The company is much larger. They have frequent updates.
What I do know is that my current situation with REZ GT is the not very good. What I wanted to do was to stay on the old plan that I signed up for and get occasional help on a per incident basis. When I tried to do that, it was a big mystery for us and the support folks.
We're leaning towards NEXUS. If we switch, I'll let you know how it goes.

I hope I did it right
Comparison
[/td] [/tr] Guarantee
[/td] ROI Guarantee
[/td] [/tr] Internet
[/td]
[/td] Synchronized
[/td]
Seamless
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes ; limited
[/td] Yes
[/td]
Yes
[/td] 3 options
[/td]
One option
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] Yes
[/td] No
[/td] SQL 2005 / Access
[/td] Proprietary
[/td] $800
[/td] $850
[/td] [/tr] [/table]
I'm now using RezovationGT and this list looks accurate (on the left column anyway) with the exception of two entries. The connection to the booking engine is seamless in RezovationGT The only time it would not be seamless is if you are working on your computer and make a change but are not connected to the internet.. (something you couldn't even do with an entirely web based system like SuperInn or Resnexxus)
Also I don't think the price show is accurate but I guess it depends on how the setup with two desktop computers plus one laptop. There are expensive options for that and much less costly options.
Hey Swirt- thanks for looking that over. I am sure you have a far more objective angle than I have these days.
Yes- I think (not 100% sure) that the difference is that if you were offline, you could make changes to the system at the same time someone else was making a reservation and it has to synchronize those two. Probably a very rare situation. It has never happened to me.
Could you elaborate on the pricing? I took the yearly cost for each including the discounts for paying all at once. Could I be saving?
GT was $70 for the 3 computers minus a 5% discount for the pre-pay option and Nexus was $450 plus $400 for the classic and autopilot options if you pay all at once.

I hope I did it right
I am not so good with the copy and paste, but I spent some time this morning looking at both programs. I use REZ GT and am considering RESNEX.
The cost is very similar and once you clear through all the hype, some things have become clearer. These are just my opinions.
Res Nexus looks better online. They have a better corporate attitude. They are growing and continue to update their product. It frees you from your personal computer.
Rez GT is more customizable. It is a product you can use on your own. The company is much larger. They have frequent updates.
What I do know is that my current situation with REZ GT is the not very good. What I wanted to do was to stay on the old plan that I signed up for and get occasional help on a per incident basis. When I tried to do that, it was a big mystery for us and the support folks.
It is a LOT more than Webervations, but I like that they guarantee that if it does not produce you do not pay. I will be watching for your decision.

I hope I did it right
It frees you from your personal computer.
This is true, and is both a blessing and a curse. Our opening weekend in 2003 was just before the big Northeast power outage. We had SuperInn which was all web based like Resnexus so we were pretty much cutoof and unprepared....after that we always made sure we had printouts of everything just in case.
In my experience with a variety of the systems, none are ideal. Its just a matter of finding the one that fits a given innkeeper's unique needs most.

Back