Warrior Mom buys home as B&B respite for grieving families

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kudos to her...I can imagine nothing more emotionally draining than running that kind of place.

Kudos to her...I can imagine nothing more emotionally draining than running that kind of place..
I'm a bit disconcerted by this. If I read it right, she bought a house that is in need of repair and in 3 weeks she's going to open a B&B. Really. With all permits in place?

Kudos to her...I can imagine nothing more emotionally draining than running that kind of place..
I'm a bit disconcerted by this. If I read it right, she bought a house that is in need of repair and in 3 weeks she's going to open a B&B. Really. With all permits in place?
Where is this place...Arizona it looks like? If it's anything like Michigan, permits are not necessary or even available. As for the renovations, it may not need much...looks like a newer house. It all just takes money, and looks like her foundation is soliciting donations for the cost.

I sure hope she knows what she is doing. And is the plan is to make money as well?????? OR is this some sort of write off for the foundation? She needs money to run the place and is it going to be free for anyone who wants to come stay there? Has she thought all of this out???
4 bedrooms / 2 baths......Will she be living there as well???? Hmmmmm....3 weeks to open a B & B...I don't think so:-(
I guess I just don't really get wanting to do this sort of thing. Personally this could be a real downer in her life if she isn't prepared to deal with all the grief she will encounter. Not at all something that just the "average" person would want to tackle.

Is she going to charge for the rooms? Are they going to be free? I am sorry, as much as I support the military I do not get this one. It sounds to me as if she is building another "shrine" to her son. Just something else to be done using other people's money. How many charities are people supposed to support? How many "causes" can expect to be funded? How many donations can people make? Who is going to be doing the laundry, cleaning the toilets, shopping, cleaning etc? Is this supposed to be done for free? Is she going to do it? If so, for how long before it gets old?
I am sorry, but I believe people who are grieving do it best surrounded by family and friends in a support network. Going away just takes the grief with you or is running away. OK, I guess I am an unfeeling hard-nose. Throw the bricks....

Is she going to charge for the rooms? Are they going to be free? I am sorry, as much as I support the military I do not get this one. It sounds to me as if she is building another "shrine" to her son. Just something else to be done using other people's money. How many charities are people supposed to support? How many "causes" can expect to be funded? How many donations can people make? Who is going to be doing the laundry, cleaning the toilets, shopping, cleaning etc? Is this supposed to be done for free? Is she going to do it? If so, for how long before it gets old?
I am sorry, but I believe people who are grieving do it best surrounded by family and friends in a support network. Going away just takes the grief with you or is running away. OK, I guess I am an unfeeling hard-nose. Throw the bricks.....
I am with you on this one. SHe may have the best of intentions...but....I just don't get it...and I don't think she really knows all this entails.

I am sorry, but I believe people who are grieving do it best surrounded by family and friends in a support network. Going away just takes the grief with you or is running away. OK, I guess I am an unfeeling hard-nose. Throw the bricks.....
No brick-throwing here because I don't get it either. I'm hoping she has a plan all laid out for how this will run so the families don't feel put upon when they get there.

Back