Washing the Rags

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum (hello!) and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for efficient rag-washing. We have a 20-room motel and recently got a commercial washer (30lbs), which has changed our lives in a wonderful way, but it also means our rags (cut up old towels) are REALLY stacking up before I can get a full load to wash. I don't want to mix them in with anything else, but I also can't wait so long to do a wash because they're getting moldy. UGH. What should we do? (I'm afraid you're all going to say laundromat. Or get a small washer with we have no room for.) THANKS for any advice!!

Where do you do your personal laundry? Just do a load of rags there. I only have 3 rooms so I do not have a commercial washer - but I always use the extra rinse cycle so it takes 1 hour 20 min if the timer on the machine is telling the truth. Hope this helps. If not, hope you find an answer.

Does your new machine not have settings? Is it one size only? Full or don’t bother? You should be able to adjust the settings for a smaller load.

Back