Watch out - No notice will be given!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I recall you can get a discount if you pay for the entire year vs monthly. They did it monthly for so many inns, like ours who requested a monthly payment. When we bought this place the PO's had let every directory lapse and we had to renew ALL OF THEM immediately in the off season when we took over, and they come up every year the same time, same time when ALL of our taxes are do and guests are sparse. So I am thankful they allow monthly payments.
This is from the Goby.com inn the news I just posted, as well - "Photos representing these activities are pulled in from source sites likebedandbreakfast.com as well as from Google and Flickr. "
So they are OUT there, and for the first time in history they have bypassed bbonline on my referral reports here. I will say this is due to them showing up in the VA B&B searches now.
I was unhappy about the gc increase with no notice, I do not participate in that now. I was unhappy about no link on bronze, I was forced to be silver, now I am bronze since i have webervations which they now own. I am, paying now what silver used to be. Inflation...we discount our rates and everyone else raises them.
I won't get into discussions with many at BandB.com - there is one I respect who visits our forum. I wish you had contacted him, or did you?.
No, I respect John. I was so enraged that I just did a reply to the Thank you for your payment. I do not feel anyone should be allowed to charge me anything without my permission and lately have been geting billed for not using services. So this one really set me off. I had just checked my bank balance and it was lower than I expected to hear and at first that kicked in as why and when I realized it was not, I apologized for that but did still object to the credit card hit.
You must sign up for long distance service with someone. My toll-free was with Worldcom because I did not want MCI (hated their commercials). THEN MCI bought Worldcom and then Verizon bought MCI. However, the 2 are separate services and we have our long distance service listed with Verizon. I use my cell phone for all long distance calls NUT Verizon charges me $5 per month because I did not use $5 worth of long distance. Huh?? That is what they told me when I asked this month - I had not noticed it because DH pays the bill and this month he asked what it was. I sure wish I could charge people for not staying here - other than no-shows who did contract for the services.
Interesting how these vendors always come on here glad handing when they have something to push or advertise. However, when there is a customer complaint or question they don't wish to answer; they make themselves scarce.
SweetiePie said:
Interesting how these vendors always come on here glad handing when they have something to push or advertise. However, when there is a customer complaint or question they don't wish to answer; they make themselves scarce.
Ouch...
Sorry for being a little out of touch. Been a little hectic here. 3 out of 7 of my oldest daughter's daycare classmates have H1N1... so we have her out of daycare and it is a little hectic rig.
I really don't think that statement is fair though - I think the majority of things we do is answer complaints or questions. Everyone has my direct email as well. Sometimes it is hard to keep track of everything on the forums - there are a lot of posts every hour, much less in a couple days.
I definitely try to stay on top of it as much as humanly possible.
As for the billing, we set it up this way as many innkeepers had asked us over and over to do so. We do notify everyone in advance when their next period of billing is up or renews - something I think few companies do. We definitely can get better at it though as you are pointing out in terms of language, etc.
Gotta go - on AA flight with wifi and landing!
John, I respect you and had it been an ordinary question I would have e-mailed you directly. You know from experience that I do ask. This hit me between the eyes when I went to the server first thing in the morning. WHAT??? I truly did expect to be given an option regarding payment. OK, so a lot of innkeepers want the monthly charge but I happen to be someone who is trying to get out from under the credit card gorilla. I happen to prefer a check and if it saves me money, to pay per year. I also had planned to continue at the Bronze level and since I do have Webervations and plan to keep Webervations as long as it is there and I am here, I would have the link that I consider imperative. No link, wasted money. I was not given the option. Even though I had no booking at the Silver free trial, I would have gone Bronze. I am sorry, John, but I am offended by the lack of communication to ask if I was satisfied. We ask our guests how they wish to pay for their stay - think of us as guests on your site and give us the same option. And you may tell, Eric that my decision to cancel had absolutely nothing to do with "the phase of the moon".

If I recall you can get a discount if you pay for the entire year vs monthly. They did it monthly for so many inns, like ours who requested a monthly payment. When we bought this place the PO's had let every directory lapse and we had to renew ALL OF THEM immediately in the off season when we took over, and they come up every year the same time, same time when ALL of our taxes are do and guests are sparse. So I am thankful they allow monthly payments.
This is from the Goby.com inn the news I just posted, as well - "Photos representing these activities are pulled in from source sites likebedandbreakfast.com as well as from Google and Flickr. "
So they are OUT there, and for the first time in history they have bypassed bbonline on my referral reports here. I will say this is due to them showing up in the VA B&B searches now.
I was unhappy about the gc increase with no notice, I do not participate in that now. I was unhappy about no link on bronze, I was forced to be silver, now I am bronze since i have webervations which they now own. I am, paying now what silver used to be. Inflation...we discount our rates and everyone else raises them.
I won't get into discussions with many at BandB.com - there is one I respect who visits our forum. I wish you had contacted him, or did you?.
No, I respect John. I was so enraged that I just did a reply to the Thank you for your payment. I do not feel anyone should be allowed to charge me anything without my permission and lately have been geting billed for not using services. So this one really set me off. I had just checked my bank balance and it was lower than I expected to hear and at first that kicked in as why and when I realized it was not, I apologized for that but did still object to the credit card hit.
You must sign up for long distance service with someone. My toll-free was with Worldcom because I did not want MCI (hated their commercials). THEN MCI bought Worldcom and then Verizon bought MCI. However, the 2 are separate services and we have our long distance service listed with Verizon. I use my cell phone for all long distance calls NUT Verizon charges me $5 per month because I did not use $5 worth of long distance. Huh?? That is what they told me when I asked this month - I had not noticed it because DH pays the bill and this month he asked what it was. I sure wish I could charge people for not staying here - other than no-shows who did contract for the services.
SweetiePie said:
Ouch...
Sorry for being a little out of touch. Been a little hectic here. 3 out of 7 of my oldest daughter's daycare classmates have H1N1... so we have her out of daycare and it is a little hectic rig.
I really don't think that statement is fair though - I think the majority of things we do is answer complaints or questions. Everyone has my direct email as well. Sometimes it is hard to keep track of everything on the forums - there are a lot of posts every hour, much less in a couple days.
I definitely try to stay on top of it as much as humanly possible.
As for the billing, we set it up this way as many innkeepers had asked us over and over to do so. We do notify everyone in advance when their next period of billing is up or renews - something I think few companies do. We definitely can get better at it though as you are pointing out in terms of language, etc.
Gotta go - on AA flight with wifi and landing!
John, I respect you and had it been an ordinary question I would have e-mailed you directly. You know from experience that I do ask. This hit me between the eyes when I went to the server first thing in the morning. WHAT??? I truly did expect to be given an option regarding payment. OK, so a lot of innkeepers want the monthly charge but I happen to be someone who is trying to get out from under the credit card gorilla. I happen to prefer a check and if it saves me money, to pay per year. I also had planned to continue at the Bronze level and since I do have Webervations and plan to keep Webervations as long as it is there and I am here, I would have the link that I consider imperative. No link, wasted money. I was not given the option. Even though I had no booking at the Silver free trial, I would have gone Bronze. I am sorry, John, but I am offended by the lack of communication to ask if I was satisfied. We ask our guests how they wish to pay for their stay - think of us as guests on your site and give us the same option. And you may tell, Eric that my decision to cancel had absolutely nothing to do with "the phase of the moon".
gillumhouse said:
LOL - I'll tell him!
It is really tough to get all this billing stuff down to a point where we can manage it, innkeepers are happy, and it is efficient. I think our concern was that if we put everyone on a trial, then stopped them at 90 days, then asked if they wanted to continue, we'd get countless properties who wouldn't get the email, wouldn't look at it, and would be pulled down without knowing it.
We get this all the time right now - a property who has been on for years might have missed their renewal emails and in the past we would pull them down after sending them a bunch. We also would call multiple. times. Then a few months later we would get serious complaints from properties who notice they are not getting business from us only to find out that the listing they were counting on was pulled down without them knowing it.
If you are up for an extra month and we pull you down, that is one thing - we can make that up to you. If you get pulled down for a few months and miss out on reservations - there is not much we can do to make that up to you... So it seems that is the better of the two choices.

Back