Water proof make up running my linens

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hummingbird

Reaction score
More guests seem to be wearing water proof makeup and ruining my towels and face cloths . Have tried pre- treating and bleach and the stuff will not come out. Also had one guest using some kind of super acne medications that took the color out of two king sized pillow cases. Do you bill for this? Chalk it up as a business expense? Any ideas?

Unfortunately, it's a business expense. Odd, tho, that the acne meds only remove the color from OUR pillowcases and not theirs at home. Otherwise, don't you think they'd know what happens?
Mascara, if that's the waterproof makeup issue, does come out with rubbing alcohol. Another option is Dawn, color free, not the blue one.
Nothing fixes the acne med bleach out.

Unfortunately, it's a business expense. Odd, tho, that the acne meds only remove the color from OUR pillowcases and not theirs at home. Otherwise, don't you think they'd know what happens?
Mascara, if that's the waterproof makeup issue, does come out with rubbing alcohol. Another option is Dawn, color free, not the blue one.
Nothing fixes the acne med bleach out..
Thanks for the tip. I'll try the alcohol. I have blue Dawn, so I'll look for the clear.

Nothing fixes the acne med bleach out..
Thanks for the tip. I'll try the alcohol. I have blue Dawn, so I'll look for the clear.
You can use the blue one but if you forget about it for 10 minutes or more the blue stains! So, if you're right on it - wet the item, rub in the Dawn and then immediately get it in the wash you'll be ok.

I took someone's advice from awhile back about using Grease Lightening on make-up stains. Works great! We also got some stuff called "LA's Totally Awesome Laundry Pre-Wash Stain Remover". Amazingly, it is Totally Awesome! I'm going to try it on my work t-shirts tonight to try to get all the bacon & sausage grease stains out of them.

Back