We are new to the B&B business, just trying to find a good forum and learn.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems to me that most people in the B&B business have invested a lot of money. In our case we have spent probably $60,000.00, but it is also our home, as many of you. However, the B&B will only cost us maybe $5,000.00 above what we would have spent anyway getting the north side of our, what was a duplex, ready to try the B&B. If it does not make money then we will lease it for about $900.00 per month furnished with all bills paid.
For that low of an outlay of money we have very little to lose. Probably nothing by leasing it out something that we have done for nearly 25 years. Our only reason to do this is that it might make more money than a lease. No romance here, just greed. lol

OK, it seems like we have chased this rabbit far enough. I am going to put together a list of questions to post on this forum. Someone stated that I should post them individually, would that be best?
I do not have a list typed out yet but a lot of them are bouncing around in my head.

OK, it seems like we have chased this rabbit far enough. I am going to put together a list of questions to post on this forum. Someone stated that I should post them individually, would that be best?
I do not have a list typed out yet but a lot of them are bouncing around in my head..
Ask avay - we haff answers......

I do not have a list typed out yet but a lot of them are bouncing around in my head..
Yes the best way to get the best feedback is to post each question separately. That way there is less chance that some questions will get overlooked and each question will get the attention it deserves.
Ask away. Just be prepared that sometimes we may have answers you don't want to hear. Every B&B is different and every setting is different. In the end, you have to decide what is right for you. We all understand and respect that (even if once in a while during the excitement of the conversation, we forget that). ;)

It seems to me that most people in the B&B business have invested a lot of money. In our case we have spent probably $60,000.00, but it is also our home, as many of you. However, the B&B will only cost us maybe $5,000.00 above what we would have spent anyway getting the north side of our, what was a duplex, ready to try the B&B. If it does not make money then we will lease it for about $900.00 per month furnished with all bills paid.
For that low of an outlay of money we have very little to lose. Probably nothing by leasing it out something that we have done for nearly 25 years. Our only reason to do this is that it might make more money than a lease. No romance here, just greed. lol.
Having a few backup options in case things don't go how you planned is always great.

Yes the best way to get the best feedback is to post each question separately. That way there is less chance that some questions will get overlooked and each question will get the attention it deserves.
Ask away. Just be prepared that sometimes we may have answers you don't want to hear. Every B&B is different and every setting is different. In the end, you have to decide what is right for you. We all understand and respect that (even if once in a while during the excitement of the conversation, we forget that). ;)
swirt said:
(even if once in a while during the excitement of the conversation, we forget that). ;)
Ya think?

swirt said:
Okay, so me thinks, Swirt are you running for some sort of office? Your P.C. training if going great in your replies.
shades_smile.gif

I will add that we all are different, not just we ourselves, but our B&B's. So we will have plenty of variations on every answer. That is why this forum rocks!

swirt said:
Okay, so me thinks, Swirt are you running for some sort of office? Your P.C. training if going great in your replies.
shades_smile.gif

I will add that we all are different, not just we ourselves, but our B&B's. So we will have plenty of variations on every answer. That is why this forum rocks!
Nah, no public office for me thanks. I just know that in the past we have sent a few aspirings running for the hills or a bottle of little yellow happy pills. Fore warning is a whining preventative ;)

Back