We are not all alike

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Higgins House

Reaction score
My dear wife gave me a great gift to celebrate my 75th birthday,
the Higgins House B&B in Sanford Florida. We have three guest rooms and a relaxed approach to the whole business. I would like to hear from other folks with small B&Bs who enjoy the experience. Check out our website. higginshouse.com

Hello
welcome.gif
this is us www.smallhotelharrogate.co.uk

The Gillum House is 3-rooms about 6+ miles off I-79 in West Virginia.
It is small enough hat I can do it myself but large enough to usually pay all the expenses of the house. We look at the guests as our entertainment factor. It gives us a reason to get up in the morning so we do not vegetate and become old geezers (we already are old fogies). We have been doing this for 15 years now.
Welcome.

It is small enough hat I can do it myself but large enough to usually pay all the expenses of the house. We look at the guests as our entertainment factor. It gives us a reason to get up in the morning so we do not vegetate and become old geezers (we already are old fogies). We have been doing this for 15 years now.
Welcome..
Your not old gezers! All the things you do for your town! I shall have to send you a wonder woman t-shirt!

Welcome..
Your not old gezers! All the things you do for your town! I shall have to send you a wonder woman t-shirt!
Sorry I was not able to get up for at least a cuppa.
Why does London shut down so many entire Tube lines al at the same time? Did the strike happen?
Saturday the Victoria, Circle, Bakerloo, and several others all were either totally down or down to important stops. The ones that were running were PACKED with bodies like it was rush hour and the extra buses were crammed with bodies. There were 3 #15 buses ined up at one point at the Tower to St Paul's and ALL were filled within 2 seconds I think. It was a pickpocket's dream day. The girlfriend's wallet was stolen from her purse somewhere along the line. Fortunately her ID card and his passport were in another zippered compartment - where the walet SHOULD have been. Money, health card, credit cards, and photos were lost. Part of the problem once the discovery was made was - did you leave it at the RV this morning. We had to go back to the campground to verify that before reporting it. Are all your police sations on the top of hills? After a day of site-seeing that ws one LOOOOONG hill!
Had a marvelous time myself (I know how to protect my stuff - do not carry a purse!) although I was upset for her. Then in Windsor, she thought she lost her 10 pound note (too late for the castle, Fred dumped us out to walk around and photo for 30 minutes) for cigs and I gave her 10 pounds and told her not to say anything to Fred, then she found it in her pocket.

We're small - and I (for the most part) LOVE the experience. 4 rooms in Mid-Coast Maine. The Tipsy Butler.
I've got to say it's obvious from your reviews that you really do love what you do. Congratulations.
Also have to say ..... Wow - What a Wife.

Welcome. We have 2 rooms, separate from the main house. In East Texas. We try to keep it simple. As gilliumhouse said, the bnb helps us not to vegetate. And we meet some nice folks.

Wow! I am jealous! Maybe my hubby will suprise me with a B&B of my own on my 75th! I keep telling him that when he retires I want to retire also and not do what I do...but you have given me new hope!

Back