We are now innkeepers!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingace71

Reaction score
Although, right now we are contractors and renovators!!! The new whirlpool is in, tile is going in as I write this. 5 rooms are ready to let with 2 more by Valentine's day. We got approval from our Historic Commission to replace the doors. AND as soon as it quits snowing, I'll pressure wash and take all new photos. In the meantime, here is the website I created, primarily using previous owners photos and a few of mine from last September when we came to visit the first time. We are proud to be innkeepers and can't wait to meet all the interesting people along the way!
Sherwood Court
Let me know what you think, plus you can check out our choice of reservation system, Checkfront! We are pleased so far!

Prices. Everything is lovely but I want to see if it is in my price range before I look at availability.

Looks good! I would need to view on my laptop to be sure, but it worked fine on my tablet.
Agree with K that you need prices up front. I won't go fill in your availability form of it's going to be too pricey. Unless you are the only game in town, don't make your guests work too hard.
Even if every room says, 'Prices start at...' it gives a person a clue.
We have one person here who refuses to fill in our group availability chart because she doesn't want anyone to know what her occupancy is. I can't refer to her if I don't know if she has rooms. Don't make it hard on anyone to use your site.
Good luck with all the Reno!

Yes, it would be more standard to list the rates, or range of rates, for the cottages on the Lodging/Cottages page, in addition to the Check Availability page.
I know they're excited to be up and running. Eureka Springs is a wonderful place.

Looks good! I would need to view on my laptop to be sure, but it worked fine on my tablet.
Agree with K that you need prices up front. I won't go fill in your availability form of it's going to be too pricey. Unless you are the only game in town, don't make your guests work too hard.
We have one person here who refuses to fill in our group availability chart because she doesn't want anyone to know what her occupancy is. I can't refer to her if I don't know if she has rooms. Don't make it hard on anyone to use your site.
Good luck with all the Reno!.
Morticia said:
I won't go fill in your availability form of it's going to be too pricey.
Their Check Availability page lists the prices without having to enter dates, but would be better to also list the rates on the cottage descriptions page.

Good luck with all the Reno!.
Morticia said:
Their Check Availability page lists the prices without having to enter dates, but would be better to also list the rates on the cottage descriptions page.
Arks said:
Morticia said:
But I don't know that in advance and I've been snookered before! Not so much with b&B's, but other sites grab your info and think nothing of slamming you with tons of emails to buy their product.
I'm more of a curmudgeon now than even a few years ago! (Hard to believe, I know!)

Very attractive, looks cozy, now couple of comments from an old fuddy duddy.
Due to allergies and breathing problems I'd be looking for a non-pet room, I see you have a couple such rooms, but in the cute cottages it seemed like my choice was either pets or a romantic tub from which I'd need help climbing out, just an idle thought to consider.
Maybe an opposing view to others, but my prices are only listed on the availability page as my own prices (and others in our area) vary by the day, lower mid week, higher weekends, a little higher still if a guest wants Saturday night only (offset by discount if they book two days or more). My experience is that I can list a range, but the potential guest ONLY sees the lower number and wants that lower price at a peak time.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Our pet friendly status has already gotten us so many bookings due to the lack of pet friendly inns all over. People are very excited and if we lose some bookings from it, so be it. The area pet advocacy groups have been very pleased that we are allowing pets in a previously owned inn that didn’t allow them. This town has needed more “nice” places that allow them. We have three dog on the property and our house is clean, doesn’t stink and is not an allergy hazard for most that visit. Those with extreme issues with this just hasn’t come up or been an issue. To be honest, the renovations and updating we’ve been doing have eliminated more allergens that potentially might have been to a higher degree than that would added by a guest bringing a dog for a stay. We know how to deep clean after a stay and no issue will be present after the fact.
As far as prices on the cottage, I agree with above, our rates are variable and easily discovered on our booking page. Which btw, doesn’t require you to input any personal data to acquire. This must be a very old school thing that we’re not aware of. Modern booking engines are easier to use and what the younger guests are accustomed to using. That being said, we’ve had many look at our site, like what they see, then call us to book.
We hope we have something different to offer in a town full of unique properties, and we we think we do.
I hope to get new photos, my professional quality ones (I was a professional photographer for over 20 years as well as being in advertising, graphic design and web development for 25 years total), up on the site to really represent our changes and updates.
Thanks again for all that looked and I appreciate your feedback!

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Our pet friendly status has already gotten us so many bookings due to the lack of pet friendly inns all over. People are very excited and if we lose some bookings from it, so be it. The area pet advocacy groups have been very pleased that we are allowing pets in a previously owned inn that didn’t allow them. This town has needed more “nice” places that allow them. We have three dog on the property and our house is clean, doesn’t stink and is not an allergy hazard for most that visit. Those with extreme issues with this just hasn’t come up or been an issue. To be honest, the renovations and updating we’ve been doing have eliminated more allergens that potentially might have been to a higher degree than that would added by a guest bringing a dog for a stay. We know how to deep clean after a stay and no issue will be present after the fact.
As far as prices on the cottage, I agree with above, our rates are variable and easily discovered on our booking page. Which btw, doesn’t require you to input any personal data to acquire. This must be a very old school thing that we’re not aware of. Modern booking engines are easier to use and what the younger guests are accustomed to using. That being said, we’ve had many look at our site, like what they see, then call us to book.
We hope we have something different to offer in a town full of unique properties, and we we think we do.
I hope to get new photos, my professional quality ones (I was a professional photographer for over 20 years as well as being in advertising, graphic design and web development for 25 years total), up on the site to really represent our changes and updates.
Thanks again for all that looked and I appreciate your feedback!

Back