We are off! Hope my knees hold up!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Here is hoping the knees hold up, the eyes work well enough to seethe music, and that we are not moving around too much when trying to play. I am going to try to blow my brains out with the current Red Knights band at halftime tonight! It is all-school reunion and the alum band is doing halftime with the current band. I just hope I do not enbarrass myself. The current band is too small to hide behind (about 30 they tell me). Coming home after halftime. I have a motorcycle inn-to-inn coming Sunday with a dinner. I had today blocked so that probably killed the weekend but I was going!

Go blow your brains out.
To use your terminology
root toot toot is about all I can say music wise. :)

kathleen, in your spare time, could you knit me a sweater?
wink_smile.gif

have fun!

Have a great time! Don't worry about embarassing yourself, that's why we get older...do we don't have to care about that stuff anymore! Have fun!

You guys are lucky! When I saved it did not take and wiped out the whole thing I had taken 5 minutes to type. Stover's Ooops were $9.95 for 3 lbs - wishful thinking memory!
So suffice it to say I had a marvelous time. Was the second oldest in the band of Alums (Class of 1950 was playing trumpet) and most of them were grads from the late 80s and after. I saw one fellow from the class a year after me.
DH had a grand time too. When I off-load his [ix, I will post some.

K, please tell me you will blog about this. This is something fun, and you might get some fellow musicians to book because they read about you out there blasting away on your sax!
I am not big into personal info in blog articles, I think they can turn potential guests away, but milestones, humorous and quirky articles are fun! Guests will enjoy them.
After all, you are the Heart of Gillum House...gimmee a beat!
cheers.gif

(PS I won't mention...okay I will...that the cheerleader behind you looks like she has a knife! ha ha)

K, please tell me you will blog about this. This is something fun, and you might get some fellow musicians to book because they read about you out there blasting away on your sax!
I am not big into personal info in blog articles, I think they can turn potential guests away, but milestones, humorous and quirky articles are fun! Guests will enjoy them.
cheers.gif

(PS I won't mention...okay I will...that the cheerleader behind you looks like she has a knife! ha ha).
(PS I won't mention...okay I will...that the cheerleader behind you looks like she has a knife! ha ha)
That is because she heard me playing!

When I was in high school, cheerleeders and the band were mutually exclusive. The popular kids stayed away from the band crowd. I guess things are different in Virginia.

When I was in high school, cheerleeders and the band were mutually exclusive. The popular kids stayed away from the band crowd. I guess things are different in Virginia..
I started high school in West Virginia and in my fresman year we moved to Ohio - my Chicago Mom was tired of living on the farm with no water ont he property and a 2-seater out back (Daddy dug a cistern and put in a septic tank for the renters when we moved acoss the river).
This high school (Toronto, Ohio) had no "cliques", the majorettes & cheerleaders and the jocks were popular but so were the brains. Robert Urich was a year behind me and knew then he was going to be an actor. He was lettered in 2 sports and a brain. His girlfriend was a cheerleader but was by no means a cutie pie - she was just a nice girl. At my original high school in West Virginia, the most popular boy in the freshman class - with the girls anyway - was a brain-trust that was drop-dead gorgeous! Back then we did not have high schools with graduating classes of 500 kids. We had 94 in my class at Toronto.

did anyone take a minute of video by any chance? that would SO AWESOME to put on your blog!

When I was in high school, cheerleeders and the band were mutually exclusive. The popular kids stayed away from the band crowd. I guess things are different in Virginia..
TLE041 said:
When I was in high school, cheerleeders and the band were mutually exclusive. The popular kids stayed away from the band crowd.
HALLELUJAH!
Gimmee the brainy band any day... Funny thing is guests mention ALL the time how they were in marching band. I love to hear their stories. So much work but such great memories and how it helped form who they are today.
It ain't for the faint hearted. 3 hours practice 3 days a week after school, games on Fridays, competitions on Saturdays...I have a new respect for all the discipline and determination these kids have. Teamwork - they must all be UNIFORM so no kids are to wear makeup, earrings, anything different than the whole group.
When i was in high school...we were inner city and had drive by shootings, crack behind the bleachers and no one even went to the games. When I say we were the first high school to have an undercover cop and major drug bust - over 100 kids hauled away for dealing, I am not making it up. They made the show 21 Jump Street based on my high school, Johnny Depp playing the role of an undercover cop. The real cop was a tough gal pretenting to be a high schooler.
I am so thankful for small town USA.

That wasn't true for our son when he was either in high school or college. Lots of "popular" kids were in band. I think at least 2 out of 4 years the homecoming king & queen were band students. The band was over 200 strong in HS & over 300 at university. That's a big group!

cheers.gif

(PS I won't mention...okay I will...that the cheerleader behind you looks like she has a knife! ha ha).
I plan to blog once I get dinner done. Guests having dinner tonight just called - they are an hour away so I know to hold putting the French bread in the oven for another 15 min! Had a call a couple hours ago for another room - a BOGO but that is OK - they want a pvt bath so Rosi's is closed and I have 2 @ pvt bath rate and one is a pkg so that is extra $$$ (dinner and packed lunch tomorrow).
I made rye bread today and they are getting corned beef & Swiss on rye sandwiches tomorrow.
Edited to add http://www.gillumhouse.com/blog/

Back