We are open!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lea Ann

Reaction score
We had our grand opening this weekend and we have our first guests this weekend. Thanks for feedback when I asked questions! You guys are great!

thumbs_up.gif

Fantastic! Best of luck to you Be sure to come back and let us know how it went.

It's the best feeling in the world. Your guests will love that they are among the first. Seven years down the road for me, and I still warn my guests that I'm still getting the hang of it!

Congrats! All will go well and 20 years from now, you will remember your first guests.

Congrats! It's an exciting time..take some pictures so you can always remember the first guests.
thumbs_up.gif

Hope you never forget the feeling of excitement you are feeling right now.
May every guest that graces your door be gracious and happy.

Congrats! If you want to share your website/facebook page with us here or email it (to our email from our profile) we can share it on our pages as well.
Have fun. :) We look forward to YOUR stories.

Congrats! All will go well and 20 years from now, you will remember your first guests..
gillumhouse said:
Congrats! All will go well and 20 years from now, you will remember your first guests.
Absolutely true!!!! I remember my first guests back in May of 1994! OMG - am I really that old?!?!?!
Congrats on your new adventure!

Congrats! All will go well and 20 years from now, you will remember your first guests..
gillumhouse said:
Absolutely true!!!! I remember my first guests back in May of 1994! OMG - am I really that old?!?!?!
Congrats on your new adventure!
And I mine from 1996

All went wonderful! We just need to get the word out. Here is our website www.inntheoaks.com. I would love for you guys to look at it and make some suggestions. Looking for cost effective marketing, getting the most bang for our buck.

Lee Ann thanks for sharing your website, did you build it yourself?
I ask as we have some web-minded people here who may give you tons of advise on it, and if someone else built it or you built it depends on who takes it and listens.
When I clicked the about "us" there was no photo of the "us" so that can be changed to "about" if you aren't willing to show the us. My personal opinion. I was hoping to see smiling innkeepers. Have you registered your site with all the search engines?
My other suggestion is to go get some bright colorful flower photos and add them in here and there for color, and crop some of your images to give a partial view, there is a lot of dark/brown. Give it a boost in the romance department.
Example the main header image would be great to have the innkeeper and guest on the porch (you don't always have to show the entire photo/front of the house) to make it more interesting. If you have these photos in larger sizes, feel free to send them to me and I can do some cropping and examples of what I mean. Send me that main image and a couple room photos if you want. email me at [email protected]
regular_smile.gif

You could easily use this line in a call out - big and bold on the page where it is found:
"Come enjoy some sweet tea under the Oaks served with southern hospitality."[/h3]

Back