We did our own Grou pon

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddburme

Reaction score
The idea was to offer it as that sort of deal with a limited time but it is a BOGO pretty much. With a few thousand person mailing list we sold 18. So at a $179 per it was quite the hit. And we are still in the first 24 hours so we might pick up a couple.
I thought I would share as the response was probably higher since people are so familiar with the idea versus just saying, "hey here is a deal."

Great idea! Why pay a commission to anyone when you can do it for yourself.

Hit 20 but it has slowed down. I think that people are used to the format. Now the bad news is that like most of us, we live off of repeat business so now we just trained them to expect a deal.

Hit 20 but it has slowed down. I think that people are used to the format. Now the bad news is that like most of us, we live off of repeat business so now we just trained them to expect a deal..
toddburme said:
Hit 20 but it has slowed down. I think that people are used to the format. Now the bad news is that like most of us, we live off of repeat business so now we just trained them to expect a deal.
Ah, but we've been discussing that...don't do it right away. It's the places that ALWAYS have some sort of deal going on that don't accomplish their goals of getting full paying customers.
Why would anyone ever pay full price at JCP or Target? Wait a week. There's a sale.
If you phrased it well it's more of a 'thanks for being a great guest! Instead of 'we need money now and we'll do anything to get it.'

Back