We didn't get it...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

innovermyhead

Reaction score
We bid on the Washington State property and didn't get it. Very disappointing and worse yet I'm in the dog house because I'm the one who didn't want to offer more... I guess it's just not the right one for us but - shoot!

I am negotiating to buy a property at the back of mine and it is a bit nerve wracking however I am lucky because I know I am the only person interested in it as before the owners went bankrupt it was on the market for 5 years no sale before it was taken by the bank. I am trying to beat down the price though as it will take a lot of money to make it into anything useful. At the moment it is a shop with storage and accomodationurn and I want to to turn it int.o 7 bedrooms and a managers flat.

That's ok, something else will come along. We bid at an auction for one property..but we knew what our limit was and stuck to it. Good thing because the perfect place came up later and we bought it and love it. So it all works out for a reason. :)

Don't give it a second thought, it wasn't meant to be yours. Now you're ready when the perfect place comes along.

Don't give it a second thought, it wasn't meant to be yours. Now you're ready when the perfect place comes along..
Don Draper said:
Don't give it a second thought, it wasn't meant to be yours. Now you're ready when the perfect place comes along.
I couldn't agree more.

Don't give it a second thought, it wasn't meant to be yours. Now you're ready when the perfect place comes along..
Don Draper said:
Ditto, Dan Draper.
teeth_smile.gif

so sorry. you know the right one is out there. keep on keepin' on

We lost out on our first one that I fell in love with and really wanted. If we had it I would be in real trouble as it was waaaay too far from Charlottesville to have worked. At the time I was so unhappy...but now I'm 6 miles from downtown and doing well, so maybe there is a hidden reason!
RIki

Thanks for pep talks! I know all this but still wish it had worked out... We'll keep looking!

I truly believe thre is a reason for everything and everything has a reason. You will probably end up the hero.
Examples:
Company I worked for bid on a contract and lost out. You would have thought the world had ended and they were going to go belly-up. 2 years later the company the GOT the contract was wishing they didn't.
We bid on a property 60 miles from here that was neat some friends. Reply was no. We then looked and looked hard in a city 20 miles from here and could not find anything suitable. Property #1 would have been way too small and is in a city with no movement! Next City is now almost bankrupt with 2 former top employees indicted (why they are former) and unbeknownst to us the Univ (pvt) and the City are at war with each other, never worked together. Where we are now, is moving in a good way to get better, not "change" what the City is - AND I get to be involved.
YOUR place is still there, perhaps not even on the market yet. Ours did not even hit the market until just before our final search trip for the year.

Yup I agree with everyone else, yours will come and it will be better than what you thought! Good Luck!

We didn't get our first place either. Really and truly glad that we didn't so hang in there.

We bid on a perfect B&B home across the sate but the town in which it was located would not give us a variance. We were heartbroken. Then our current home came on the market. It made all the difference in our lives being here. I am so glad we did not get that first home. The right one will come along.

Back