We don't want your children....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odd this topic came up today as I went to strip a room this morning and there was the child still in it. Dad said she was 14 on the phone, but she was 11, in 7th grade. They left her here til check out time, they had already checked out, both room doors were locked, so I thought that odd they locked them and took the keys, I went in with my spare keys (as I saw them drive away this morning and we said our thank you and goodbyes) . She came right to the door as I unlocked it - she was in there on her own watching cartoons. "Where are your parents?" I asked. She said they took her sister to the college and will be back at check out time at 11am.
Gee thanks for telling me, parents. Meanwhile we do have other guests checked in here, am I supposed to mind her if anything should happen? Not even knowing she was here?
I have only had kids here a few times and each one bears a story.

Odd this topic came up today as I went to strip a room this morning and there was the child still in it. Dad said she was 14 on the phone, but she was 11, in 7th grade. They left her here til check out time, they had already checked out, both room doors were locked, so I thought that odd they locked them and took the keys, I went in with my spare keys (as I saw them drive away this morning and we said our thank you and goodbyes) . She came right to the door as I unlocked it - she was in there on her own watching cartoons. "Where are your parents?" I asked. She said they took her sister to the college and will be back at check out time at 11am.
Gee thanks for telling me, parents. Meanwhile we do have other guests checked in here, am I supposed to mind her if anything should happen? Not even knowing she was here?
I have only had kids here a few times and each one bears a story..
Really just shameful parenting.
Sorry but there's just no other description for someone who would leave their 11 y/o child unattended in a strange place with no one looking out for her.

Sorry but there's just no other description for someone who would leave their 11 y/o child unattended in a strange place with no one looking out for her.
I agree but you know...they probably thought hey..JB is here...she isn't alone!!! GRRRRRR.

I agree but you know...they probably thought hey..JB is here...she isn't alone!!! GRRRRRR.
That's no doubt what they told the child to reassure her.
But if they didn't tell JB they were leaving her behind, it's hard to imagine that they actually thought anyone was looking out for her. Because the truth is, no one was.

But if they didn't tell JB they were leaving her behind, it's hard to imagine that they actually thought anyone was looking out for her. Because the truth is, no one was.
Innkeeper To Go said:
Correct I was making breakfast and cleaning up the second seating. Without knowing she was here, if there were a fire or emergency I would not have even gone into that room. Nice, now I feel bad. I FEEL BAD, of course they didn't.

Maybe they thought you needed another kid. You know how it is - what's one more? Hope they came back for her and did not forget she was with them.

Innkeeper To Go said:
Correct I was making breakfast and cleaning up the second seating. Without knowing she was here, if there were a fire or emergency I would not have even gone into that room. Nice, now I feel bad. I FEEL BAD, of course they didn't.
Joey Bloggs said:
Nice, now I feel bad. I FEEL BAD, of course they didn't.
And that's really the worst part. Well, the second worst part after the fact that they abandoned their daughter!

Maybe they thought you needed another kid. You know how it is - what's one more? Hope they came back for her and did not forget she was with them.
There you go. Cheaper by the dozen.

Back