We got a bad review

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd, as a former innkeeper, I'm sorry that you received less than a stellar review and I totally get how that can hit you in the gut.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

But, this is an "average" review, not a "poor" or "terrible" one. As JB said, they complimented you on several aspects of your B&B. They were disappointed in their perceived lack of interaction from the owners/innkeepers and the second "B". There are lots of folks who want the whole "song & dance" even if they arrive late, are out of the inn a lot, and have plenty of other plans in your town. That's why they didn't book a hotel.
As a traveler, I was puzzled by the length of your management response and felt like you got too defensive. With that hat on, I was thinking, "What the? Those guests liked the place!" I only read all of the review because you're an inn-mate here on the forum.
regular_smile.gif

Having been there as an innkeeper, I'd say to take a deep breath next time and get together with your partner on the editing before posting such a lengthy review. Hang in there!

He cut it down. Not sure if anyone knows or cares but I am the silent partner/web person and my partner does the day to day and overall everything. So I don't want to beat him up twice on his response. I made a suggestion and left it at that. He just modified it. We will move on.

He cut it down. Not sure if anyone knows or cares but I am the silent partner/web person and my partner does the day to day and overall everything. So I don't want to beat him up twice on his response. I made a suggestion and left it at that. He just modified it. We will move on..
Good idea to move on! I know that it's hard to do that when you work so hard in such a personal business. You already have two stellar reviews right after the one with 3 bubbles and more will follow. It will be buried soon.
regular_smile.gif

Back