We got it for $99

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Guest calls from the road, they have stayed here before. She asks if we have a room, we do. How much, I tell her $120+tax. She said well last time we got it for $99. (Thanks to my guestall software I type in her surname and find the $121 she paid after tax). I said, well actually you paid $121 after tax. NO, she says, it was $99. Well the discount made the room $110 plus tax was $121.
Anyway, they booked it and I gave them 10% off repeat guest discount. Then they wanted to check in soon, I said, it is 10am my other guests literally just walked out the door.
DOH!

OOOOOOOOO slow burn. I had one person call and say the last time she stayed the room was $85. Not only are the rooms substantially more than that now, she hadn't even stayed here, she'd stayed at another B&B, which she informed me of when I gave her directions for how to get here, 'No, you're on the other side of the street.' (Well, actually, I'm not.)

OOOOOOOOO slow burn. I had one person call and say the last time she stayed the room was $85. Not only are the rooms substantially more than that now, she hadn't even stayed here, she'd stayed at another B&B, which she informed me of when I gave her directions for how to get here, 'No, you're on the other side of the street.' (Well, actually, I'm not.).
DUH...and your costs certainly don't go up over the years do they??? Please explain that as your costs rise, so do the rates...just like everything else..:-(

OOOOOOOOO slow burn. I had one person call and say the last time she stayed the room was $85. Not only are the rooms substantially more than that now, she hadn't even stayed here, she'd stayed at another B&B, which she informed me of when I gave her directions for how to get here, 'No, you're on the other side of the street.' (Well, actually, I'm not.).
DUH...and your costs certainly don't go up over the years do they??? Please explain that as your costs rise, so do the rates...just like everything else..:-(
catlady said:
She was so funny, tho, 'I'm holding the receipt right here in my hand and it says '$85'.' I had to ask if it was dated? 'Oh, yes, 1998. We remember it very well.'

catlady said:
She was so funny, tho, 'I'm holding the receipt right here in my hand and it says '$85'.' I had to ask if it was dated? 'Oh, yes, 1998. We remember it very well.'
Oh my gosh... 10 years old...what does she think this is..the Twilight Zone???? Give me a break. I would not have even given her a repeat customer...she wasn't one of your repeats.

Yes, I think some live in the 'Twilight Zone' or should I say Time Warped! Had this happen a couple of years ago who had stayed with us 2-3 times before. Our rate had gone up 20% as did all other worthwhile places here.
"Gee the last time I stayed (4 years ago) it was $... Well, I'll call you back...BTW do you take pets, I may need to bring my dog." Well we don't - which he knows, so no call back. Haven't heard from the cheapscape since.

Maybe those kinds of guests are hoping that the little innkeeper doesn't have computer records? haha! Isn't that the great thing about being able to look that up? I would never expect the same rate, but if I was a really good repeat guest, I might like a little discount
regular_smile.gif

Bree...the lady from 1998 is like my dh...he probably would have that paper receipt...somewhere!

Maybe those kinds of guests are hoping that the little innkeeper doesn't have computer records? haha! Isn't that the great thing about being able to look that up? I would never expect the same rate, but if I was a really good repeat guest, I might like a little discount
regular_smile.gif

Bree...the lady from 1998 is like my dh...he probably would have that paper receipt...somewhere!.
Samster said:
regular_smile.gif

Bree...the lady from 1998 is like my dh...he probably would have that paper receipt...somewhere!
What got me was I assumed the receipt had the name of the place, too. And it wasn't my place! And where did she get the phone number? She described the other inn to a 't'. Even told me who owned it.

Back