We got the Tour De France!!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
we just got the announcement yesterday (sorry John scotland was also competing) whoo hoo - so you will all be able to see Yorkshire on the TV all over the world!! it will start from leeds which is only 15 miles away! will definately be going to watch!

thumbs_up.gif

Yes, I saw that. Didn't realize Scotland was competing, don't think it would have come this far north if they'd won.
Still great news it's in the UK.

That's great! They still call this Tour de France? Next thing I know they'll be holding the World Series somewhere somewhere outside "our" world ;-)

Congrats.
Did you know that the Tour de France has it's roots in the Dreyfus affair? The magazine that started the race was started by supporters of Dreyfus.

Yes, I saw that. Didn't realize Scotland was competing, don't think it would have come this far north if they'd won.
Still great news it's in the UK..
they recon it will put 100 million into the regions economy! plus lots and lots of scenic shots of yorkshire broadcast all over the world - plus lots of mentions and coverage all over tv.
The competing regions were Yorkshire, Scotland, a region of Germany (if forget the name) and venice - venice stuck as have no idea how that one would come off!
really the 3 ones with a realistic chance was Yorkshire, Germany and Scotland - and Scotland fought hard - however think a yorkshire lad - bradley winning helped our case. Plus welcome to Yorkshire have fought really hard with their Back-Le-Bid campaign getting the Yorkshire people to sign petitions etc to bring it here!

Back