We need an 'Open Table' system for inns!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Am reading 'Turning the Tables' and find out that the 'Open Table' reservation system shows ANY restaurant that uses it what other restaurant's experiences with you have been. Are you a chronic canceler? Are you a good tipper? Do you get drunk, fall down and swear at everyone? It's in there.
Inns need this! We need to know who the chronic cancelers are. Who the drunks and disorderlies are. Who the sweet guests are.

How smart would you look when Mr and Mrs So and so neglected to tell you they are dairy free and you had a nice dairy free breakfast all ready for them.
And JB's Mr Smug, well Maddie you wouldn't have to deal with him tomorrow or next century.
If it could tie into a rez system so you would be notified automatically when a guest booked that was listed so much the better. One could almost be PITA free.
Must talk to DS about this, may pay for college and his PhD.

I've been saying that for years... we need "GuestAdvisor" instead of TripA. And they should know we have it too.

thing is I am not sure Open Table linkes to every restaurant on the system I think it works on a chain system ie if you read Danny Meyer's Setting the Table he owns 5 or 6 restaurants in New York (Shake shack, Gramercy Tavern, Tabla, Union Square Cafe, Blue Smoke) and if you dine at any one you pop up at the others.
HOwever if we did something similar then you would just have to make it an opt in link up.

Back