'We want to reserve Tues through Saturday.'

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
What does that mean to you? 4 nights or 5 nights? Are they leaving on Saturday or staying over Saturday night?

Unfortunately it could mean either so it is up to the innkeeper to make sure to clarify. I have even had them book online booking 2 nights when they only wanted one. It beats ALL!!!

*I* would take it to mean they are staying over Saturday night and leaving Sunday, *but* I would probably reply with quotes for both options with the context that I wasn't totally clear on just what they meant, or I would reply with a quote for "my" interpretation, but being very clear about the exact days (dates) that I understood them to be asking for.

I would assume they are leaving Saturday day, but quote it by being specific, so they can't assume and make your life miserable.
"Assuming you mean arrival on Tuesday and leaving Saturday morning, that is 4 nights for two people, the price is...."
I'm always specific, so that if they say it's three, the price is no longer valid. And then I add "Prices and availability are subject to change at any time. We hold no rooms, reservations can be made online with instant confirmation"

That is why on my Confirmation letter U have: arriving Tuesday, Sept xx and departing Sunday, Sept xx - avoids confusion. Oh I meant............................

The deal is they usually stay for 4 nights. But they changed their usual dates they stay (around July 4) to a different week. So I'm not sure they're staying the usual time or not, either. I have emailed to ask if they mean 4 or 5 nights. Haven't heard back yet. Will hold the room for 5 nights just in case as it is so far out. But it would be my luck someone else would book in THAT room for the Saturday!

I would read that as 5 nights, because they want to "reserve saturday". However in this situation I always ask them to clarify their requirements.
Our confirmation says "We have booked you the x room for n nights from xth September",
Whilst booking our new England jaunt I've noticed that some B&B websites ask for the dates you want book (so Tues to sat is 5 nights), some ask for the arrival and departure dates (so the above would be 4) and a few ask for arrival date and number of nights (which seems the most sensible option to me). I've nearly got caught out a couple of times thinking I was giving the dates we wanted the room when the site was asking for the arrival and departure dates.

I would read that as 5 nights, because they want to "reserve saturday". However in this situation I always ask them to clarify their requirements.
Our confirmation says "We have booked you the x room for n nights from xth September",
Whilst booking our new England jaunt I've noticed that some B&B websites ask for the dates you want book (so Tues to sat is 5 nights), some ask for the arrival and departure dates (so the above would be 4) and a few ask for arrival date and number of nights (which seems the most sensible option to me). I've nearly got caught out a couple of times thinking I was giving the dates we wanted the room when the site was asking for the arrival and departure dates..
Are you going to be in the area? Going to stop in to say hi?

I would take it they leave Saturday at check out..
Joey Bloggs said:
I would take it they leave Saturday at check out.
You would take it correctly. I didn't want to mess it up as it is a very busy time of year and if it was wrong and they didn't catch it they wouldn't have the room for the 5th night.

Back