We went out today...together!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Raced and got the rooms done and then went out to lunch with friends. Had time to sit and chat! Amazing. I feel human.

Congratulations!! It does feel good to get out! Sort of makes you feel that you escaped from the "Big House".

Maybe you should try to do it more often!
=)
Kk..
Interesting concept! We managed this because 4 of the 5 rooms were fluffs and everyone got out on time.
Next week is looking a bit thin so that might be a good time to try again. Almost not worth it, tho, as at 10 AM hubs was already telling me to call our friends and cancel, 'we're never gonna finish on time.' Took us 1 hour and 15 minutes, I wasn't worried at all...we had time to spare.

How nice for you..I know how it feels...
Was boked friday, had only room saturday and none sunday night...
So, Sunday I was done real early, went to church, potluck after, mingle with people I have not seen seem slike forever, worked in the yard in the afternoon and all evening. Got soooo much done, was very relaxing.
Since we had no rooms, I even got to sleep in....that was really wonderfull.
This week will be busy again. Enjoy time off when you can get it,

i don't feel human at all.
have no social life. met a few men (online) (( now don't scoff - that's how i met my late husband )) anyway the men basically say 'you do WHAT?! you have NO TIME for me, i'm not coming way the heck out there for a couple hours a couple times a week,
broken_heart.gif
see ya.'
cry_smile.gif
alone again ........ (sniff)
some day my prince will come
and he won't care ... da dee da dum (insert music)

That is GREAT! Sometimes you just need awhile away from the business, don't you?
My dh & I had lunch together today...when I picked him up early from work (he's carpooling now & didn't have the car today) because he has the sinusitis crap that I started with & he had a routine follow up with his cardiologist. First day out of the house in a week. It was special
wink_smile.gif
Not!

have no social life. met a few men (online) (( now don't scoff - that's how i met my late husband )) anyway the men basically say 'you do WHAT?! you have NO TIME for me, i'm not coming way the heck out there for a couple hours a couple times a week,
broken_heart.gif
see ya.'
cry_smile.gif
and he won't care ... da dee da dum (insert music).
Better to be alone than to be with a jerk. Besides, you are not alone. We are here for you. You have many friends who support you, there just is not someone in your room hogging the covers and snoring like a buzzsaw. A person who is alone is one who has no one in the world who gives a damn. We care.

broken_heart.gif
see ya.'
cry_smile.gif
Better to be alone than to be with a jerk. Besides, you are not alone. We are here for you. You have many friends who support you, there just is not someone in your room hogging the covers and snoring like a buzzsaw. A person who is alone is one who has no one in the world who gives a damn. We care.
hey, you!
reach out and feel my BIG HUG! what a sweetie you are. sorry for the pity party!
embaressed_smile.gif

broken_heart.gif
see ya.'
cry_smile.gif
hey, you!
reach out and feel my BIG HUG! what a sweetie you are. sorry for the pity party!
embaressed_smile.gif

Hang in there! You have a lot on your shoulders. It can get you down!! You have a GREAT place and are doing a super job :)

broken_heart.gif
see ya.'
cry_smile.gif
hey, you!
embaressed_smile.gif

Nothing to be sorry for. We just have different Pity Party subjects. You feel lonely at times and I wish I were at times. Neither is wrong or a wrong feeling. There are times with him here that I feel lonely - just having someone in the house does not mean they are on your plane or wavelength at the moment.
Society makes us think we MUST be a twosome to be complete or "whole". Not so in reality. Companionship is nice, but I have come to the conclusion that I would enjoy not having to cater to another person's ego, wants, or needs. After over 60 years of worrying about everyone else being happy I will not want to ever do it again. I signed on for the duration, but that will be it. Not planning to rush him out (other than my secret ingredient to the chocolate pudding - butter and some days BUTTER!!) but not interested in a replacement either.

Well this twosome went away for a week to play maid and butler to a bunch of ingrats. wait, let me rephrase that...lovely children who refused to lift a finger and had to be forced to do anything. Lazy bums. All I needed to get away finally and relax was to be taskmaster all week. I could have stayed home and worked less! UGH!
Interesting, re the forum -- I thought, gee not many new threads on the forum this week, but each time I read one another new one pops up there with 10 replies! So obv there is only space for 7 topics then the next ones populate.

Back